Bird on post

Never saw your first one so can't comment on whether this one's better or not. Don't do birds myself, but know how hard they are to capture, which you've managed well. It's sharp enough, and quite an amusing pose you've caught as well.
Only distraction was having to scroll down past acres of green to get to the bird :) - If it was mine, I might have been tempted to see whether a crop would work.

Never saw your first one so can't comment on whether this one's better or not. Don't do birds myself, but know how hard they are to capture, which you've managed well. It's sharp enough, and quite an amusing pose you've caught as well.
Only distraction was having to scroll down past acres of green to get to the bird :) - If it was mine, I might have been tempted to see whether a crop would work.

Cheers,

this is my first post, http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=135964

Yeah maybe it is a bit tall, I'll see what it looks like a bit shorter

Just had a look at the first post as well - Must have missed it before.
Looks like you've taken on board some of the suggestions form there, as this one's much better exposed. The jackdaw one before was the best one. But the sparrow(?) one was a tad over-exposed and looked a little soft as well.
Definitely an improvement in my humble opinion.

Like the shot, looks a bit better than your first due to the BG colour, does look like there is too much space at the top, not unnecessarily wrong, but maybe lose a small bit. :)

Like the shot, looks a bit better than your first due to the BG colour, does look like there is too much space at the top, not unnecessarily wrong, but maybe lose a small bit. :)

Cheers, find it hard to get much closer to the birds....Is there anything obvious that i could do to improve?

A bit too much space at the top of the frame, but otherwise it's not too bad! :)

What would be the best way if i wanted to make the image retain more detail? e.g camera settings? what would i use? Do people shoot this sort with a tripod to get a clear image?

It looks like you were'nt using your maximum focal length on your lens. That would help.

I allways try to have a place I can rest a bean bag on with the camera on top of that.

If you feed the birds, they will normally get very close to you if you're patient and keep still.

An improvement on the last post, acres of green notwithstanding (y)

Have been said, too much space but could be filled with text or ad purpose but still a very good pic! ;O)

I like the idea of the bean bag (y)

Yeah i was feeding a male and female blackbird today and they got very close, although my camera was round the corner on the tripod lol, oh dear

Back