Bird spotting help needed! :)

Name
Nick
Edit My Images
Yes
Hey guys.
Ive decided im going to get into bird photography and going to get a 400mm 5.6L to help me along. But i dont really know the first thing about where to find certain birds or anything?

Are there any websites that update you on locations of rare birds or anything?

Any help would be great!

Thanks

Nick

Might get more answers in the dedicated bird section m8. They should be able to answer your questions:)

IMHO, the best wild bird photographers are interested in the birds even without a camera - you need to learn about your 'quarry' - including their behaviour, habitat, feeding etc. and also how to get close enough to them - then finding the birds and getting the photographs should be a lot easier.

Hi there i did have a look for you this one might give you a bit of a help: http://rarebirdsinbritain.blogspot.com/ Also you could check a bird guide book and that will or should tell you the locations of birds at certain times (The SSPCA one is good) then just go out and have a wander and see if you can spot them. Sometimes you may be able to lure them into your area or garden with seeds, Fruit etc.

Hope this helps mate

My suggestion would be to get yourself a local patch and see what is in it. You never know you might find a rarity yourself. It is also good to keep in mind that it is the start of the breeding season and that the birds welfare should come before any pic.(y)

Gerard.

A great place to start would be Cannock Chase. There is a feeding station within the main car park that attracts a variety of birds and even Fallow Deer, plus there's usually plenty of other photographers and birders around to chat to and seek advice.

Hey guys thanks for the advice! Im gunna take it slow and build up my knowledge :)

Nick

The websites are fantastic thanks for all the info guys! Real big help
Nick

Back