Birding in Comfort

Name
mark
Edit My Images
No
Driving along a muddy narrow bush track in a front wheel drive Sedan
(like all serious birders do) I got slightly bogged but that's another story!
From the driver's seat I did manage to capture an obliging Pidgeon posed on a post.
I guess he was wondering what the silly bugger in a mud-splattered car was up to!
Pigeon1.jpg

I'm not very good at this as I lack the patience and lenses.
I had preset the camera hoping to catch birds in flight, hence the settings.
Pigeon2.jpg

Adverse comments also welcomed.:thumbsdown:​

The Crested Pidgeon (Geophaps lophotes) was deemed by the model agency to be too fat for professional
modelling and besides, far too dangerous for a pidgeon to be caught on a Catwalk, Tina.

:eek:

OMG! Is that actually a real bird! Thats insane!

Great shot! And may I ask where you found this birdy?

:eek:

OMG! Is that actually a real bird! Thats insane!

Great shot! And may I ask where you found this birdy?

His location might give you a clue! :D

(under real name)
(under avitar)
(under mods playname)
(under psude..sudan..persud...TP name)

Last edited:
His location might give you a clue! :D

(under real name)
(under avitar)
(under mods playname)
(under psude..sudan..persud...TP name)

:bang:

After being here for over a year now, you thought i'd have learnt! :D

Mark, that made me laugh a lot, what a great looking bird. On the issue of patience I've found that the better my shots have become the more my patience has lengthened. Of course it might be the other way round.....

Andy

:eek: OMG! Is that actually a real bird! Thats insane! Great shot! And may I ask where you found this birdy?
To be more specific the location was one of many such paddock access tracks that criss cross the flood plains of North Eastern Victoria.
That's a right posh pigeon mate. (y)
g'day Frankie, Crested Pidgeons are quite a common bird in Oz.
I am as shocked by his/her bright red eyes and legs, as well as the punk hairdo, its thats what passes for pigeons in Aus, I think its time londons were turfed out and punked up :LOL:
Ah Yvonne, ne'er shall I forget the pidgeons in Trafalgar Square, Nelsons Column and St Martins in the Fields - London, what a town!(y)
great pic that (y)
Thanks Mick!
Mark, that made me laugh a lot, what a great looking bird. On the issue of patience I've found that the better my shots have become the more my patience has lengthened. Of course it might be the other way round..... Andy
My birding attempts come in well spaced spurts of short duration, Andy!:shrug:

Back