Birds at local park

Name
Paolo Gramatica
Edit My Images
Yes
Hello everyone,

have not posted for a while as I had nothing I thought worth posting. Yesterday went to a local park with the kids and had a chance to play again with the camera. Funnily the best results I thought I got with the birds, although it was difficult to "hide" the fencing. Pics basically straight out the camera, sharpening after size change for forum rules, and very occasional change in contrast/brightness. C&C most welcome.

1: Cassowary
Cassowary.jpg

2: The fluffy one, Common Rhea
Common-Rhea.jpg

3: Eagle
Eagle2.jpg

4: Eagle Owl - wouldn't take her eyes away from the camera
Eurasian-Eagle-Owl.jpg

5: Grey Crowned Crane - very elegant!
Grey-Crowned-Crane.jpg

6: Ostrich - "What are you looking at!"
Ostrich.jpg

7: Red Crowned Crane - this one started to sing as we were passing, couldn't resist to try to take him whilst singing.
Red-Crowned-Crane.jpg

8: Pink Flamingo - Spotted the one in the backgroung which was either lazy or tired and would rest on his "knees" :)
Pink-Flamingo.jpg

9: Don't know what this is but thought it was pretty ugly. Anyone knows what it's called?
Ugly-one.jpg

You've got a good mixture, as you say shame about the wire in some of them, but overall you have some pretty fine shots there :)

A nice little set despite the fence, you have captured 1,6 and 7 well. These are the three that stand out from the rest :clap::clap:

Thanks guys. Is there actually a better way to "elude" the dreaded fence other than to play with DOF?

A nice little set despite the fence, you have captured 1,6 and 7 well. These are the three that stand out from the rest :clap::clap:

I quite agree...........I would rate No6 as excellent :clap:

A nice selection of exotics there Paolo.....#6 definitely worth a print.

There's an unusual cross section of bokeh types from that lens too...especially the top left of #6.

Bob

Back