Birds from my local park.

Love number 4.
Don't know much about framing myself but i think they look good.

Ok some comments on framing - just my opinions mind :)

1 - Works really well for me - offset sharp and crisp

2 - I like it - almost abstract!

3 - Heads a little low in the frame, like to see more space under the beak

4 - love it - central works!!

5 - again for me ducks a little low in the frame

6 - good - I like that one - is that a fishig line in the swans beak :(

7 - love the shot but again looks a little low in the frame - bit too much space above

8 - Nice shot - if were to change it I'd place the duck to the right looking into the picture rather than looking out as it appears to be now

It is indeed a female mallard, and well caught too :)

Cheers

Love number 4.
Don't know much about framing myself but i think they look good.

Thx

Ok some comments on framing - just my opinions mind :)

1 - Works really well for me - offset sharp and crisp

2 - I like it - almost abstract!

3 - Heads a little low in the frame, like to see more space under the beak

4 - love it - central works!!

5 - again for me ducks a little low in the frame

6 - good - I like that one - is that a fishig line in the swans beak :(

7 - love the shot but again looks a little low in the frame - bit too much space above

8 - Nice shot - if were to change it I'd place the duck to the right looking into the picture rather than looking out as it appears to be now

Just the kind of feedback I was looking for, (y) I don't think it was fishing line, certainley hope it isn't anyway.
that first shot is lovely

Thx glad you like it.

I appreciate the comments in regards to framing, for future reference has anyone got tips on how to best focus the shots.

In most of the shots I took I found it very hard to get close in and still maintain a focus point over the eyes, consequently most of the shots i took which may have had more space around them didn't quite nail the focus.

Last edited:
No one got any advise to offer regarding the best way to get the focus sharp on the birds eyes?

:shrug:

104 views and apart from 4 replies to which I'm grateful for I'm saddened that the other 100 couldn't be bothered to offer any advice.

I won't be spending my time here any more.

:shake:

Bit a daft attitude imo!

Not everyone has the time to post on all threads they look at, especially now that there are so many posting images for C & C.

Up to you though............but your loss:shrug:

Back