Birds in flight - close up phone shots

Name
Mike
Edit My Images
Yes
Great and so interesting. Also no “proper” camera could have done that since if you were looking for bif photos you would have had the wrong lens on.

Thanks - wasn't sure whether to bother as the quality is low but it was quite a moment :)

Quality is so bourgeois — to paraphrase a long gone photographer and painter. :)

Thanks - wasn't sure whether to bother as the quality is low but it was quite a moment :)
I can imagine, the phone has done a great job at capturing the details in the wings too. I’ve never thought of using my phone, I always thought the speed at which it captures the image would be too slow to show anything but a blur.

I can imagine, the phone has done a great job at capturing the details in the wings too. I’ve never thought of using my phone, I always thought the speed at which it captures the image would be too slow to show anything but a blur.
1/2632 for the shutter if the EXIF is correct - it was into the sun I guess o_O

Actually the quoted (not by Apple) shutter speeds for iPhones are amazingly fast.

1/2632 for the shutter if the EXIF is correct - it was into the sun I guess o_O
Presumably a lot of light is being relected off the window glass -- are the wall light coloured too?

Actually the quoted (not by Apple) shutter speeds for iPhones are amazingly fast.

I ‘think’ I’m thinking of posts by the developers of the Halide app. For the iPhone 14 Pro they give 1/67,000 minimum speed:

In the OP I expect the iPhone is ‘fiddling‘ with the lighting :)

These are fascinating , and the best camera they say is the one you have with you . Perhaps not the best detailed photos , but very interesting , and I am glad you shared them with us . I wonder if they would of still approached if you were waving a DSLR at them ?

These are fascinating , and the best camera they say is the one you have with you . Perhaps not the best detailed photos , but very interesting , and I am glad you shared them with us . I wonder if they would of still approached if you were waving a DSLR at them ?

Yes I suspect it would have been fine as they didn't seem to be aware of me through the glass but I didn't think I had enough time to dig a real camera out!

Back