Birds in the garden

Name
Tarik
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi All,

First time posting a photo on here, and i am new to DSLR's so please tell me what you think and any hints and tips on how to take bird photos are more than welcome :)

my.php
[/URL][/IMG]

my.php
[/URL][/IMG]
Also does anyone know how to get Nikons NEF codec to work a 64 bits operating system?

I actually really like the jackdaw shot, the white background makes it studio-esque and therefore different! Well done :)

Thanks :) i'm having trouble getting detail in the shots i take, not sure what i'm doing wrong yet

On small subjects use 'Spot Metering"

Get the light behind, or behind and to the side of you.

f11 is getting close to the diffraction limit, personally I would not go smaller than f8, this allows you to either drop the ISO or increase shutter speed.

Just a bit of fine tuning and practice to be honest, the jackdaw is lovely and sharp, the sparrow is backlit which is the reason for lack of detail.

I think you are using a 70-300 zoom, at maximum 300mm, try dropping back a touch from the maximum to 270mm see if things improve, I used to have the 80-400, and always got better results at 350mm than 400mm

Cheers Martyn, i'll look up on spot metering and see how to use it :) thats a great help though :) yeah i was prob using it 300mm

Switch on the back to the right of the view finder (AE-L AF-L Button) turn to the 'dot' bottom position.

A nice start Tarik :) and good advice too, welcome to posting, hope to see many more.

Two good first shots tarik :clap::clap: As mentioned the Jackdaw came out well.

Two good first shots tarik :clap::clap: As mentioned the Jackdaw came out well.

:woot: thanks :) i've got some time off work, well some perminant time off work so wanting to get into my photography, learn how to do it all. going to get my self a tripod tomorrow or at weekend and got my camera backpack on order nice and cheap from ebay :) so all i need is nice weather and i'm all ready for some mini adventures

Back