Birds of prey

Name
Kev
Edit My Images
No
We went to the bird of prey centre at Old Warden Bedfordshire today. Here is a few of my pictures. Any comments welcome.

ABAF0169_1.JPG

ABAF0190_1.JPG

ABAF0204_1.JPG

ABAF0472_1.JPG

Thanks for looking.

Great shots could i ask what your set up was? TY for sharing.

Nice set (y)
Well done for "holding" the white in the barn owl they can be a bitch

<rant>
Nothing to do with your images but I do wonder sometimes what these guys are doing

The jesses on the barn owl are thick enough to hold an eagle ( minor infringement)

and its a big :nono: flying with mew jesses ( they have slits)
for the same reason flying with the swivel attached ( Black eagle)
they ( the birds) go AWOL they get caught up on branches and twigs and hang there
No self respecting falconer would ever risk their birds like that
</Rant>

Thanks very much for the comments. My set up was a Canon 1d mark 1 and 70-200 F4L lens.

The photo's were taken in shutter priority mode so I could get a bit of movement in the wings.

Cobra, the Golden eagle was attached to a line with the swivel, it was the first time it had flown in a display. I edited the line out but missed the swivel.

Very nice shots .

Cobra, the Golden eagle was attached to a line with the swivel, it was the first time it had flown in a display. I edited the line out but missed the swivel.
Fairy nuff (y)
But it still doesn't excuse the "falconer" for not changing the mews jesses for flying jesses
It ony takes a couple of seconds

I must of been half asleep this morning, it's not a Golden Eagle, it is a Bald Eagle. They don't get a white head until they mature.

Thanks for all the comments.

Back