Birmingham Trip '13

Name
Arron
Edit My Images
Yes
Last edited:
Very good set, though too many to crit them all!
That Selfridges building is amazing though. No end of possibilites there.

I love the Selfridges building, can't wait to get shooting around Brum myself!

Lovely shots though, I love the colours in no.14.
That library will always always always be a bloody eyesore to me.

Very good set, though too many to crit them all!
That Selfridges building is amazing though. No end of possibilites there.

Thanks :) changed the title now to get rid of the 'Critique'

I love the Selfridges building, can't wait to get shooting around Brum myself!

Lovely shots though, I love the colours in no.14.
That library will always always always be a bloody eyesore to me.

I quite liked the Library, although I dont live there and see it everyday. It;s much better than the Britannia Hotel on New Street :LOL:

"The subject is to dark and seems to be in conflict with the building making it hard to view the whole image. Maybe it's just me but the overall effect is not pleasant."

Recent Critique from elsewhere on No.8 any of you guys agree?

I disagree with that (y) I'd like to see the balloon guy maybe in selective colour! :)

Great set of images, some excellent building studies and some very quirky composition? Oh how that city has changed since I left it 25 years ago!

#s 2, 14 and 16 are the best of the bunch in my opinion. I like way the colours of the bubble building clash with the sky and the shape of it in #2 makes it the most interesting of your bubble set. #14 I like the way you've caught the cloudy sky, the reflections in the water and the colours of the buildings to make a nice capture although the canal boats may be a little dark? #16 the barbed wire building I also really like! Nice and sharp and shows up well against the sky! #s 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11 are all to dark and you've lost a lot of details in the shadows. #12 does nothing for me. #13 could maybe do with more contrast. #15 is once again a bit dark in the shadows. #17 I like for the same reasons that I gave for #16 although maybe not as sharp? #18 the patterns are interesting but apart from that it maybe needs some more pp work (?)

Last edited:
Back