Birmingham

Name
Mark
Edit My Images
Yes
some shots from around Birmingham on a dull bank holiday :(

DSC_2931b.jpg

Iron: Man (colloquially referred to as The Iron Man) is a statue by Antony Gormley, in Victoria Square. The statue is 6 metres (20 ft) tall, including the feet which are buried beneath the pavement, and weighs 6 metric tons (6 long tons). The statue leans 7.5° backwards and 5° to its left - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron:_Man

DSC_2941b.jpg

The River, locally known as The Floozie in the Jacuzzi - (yes, there is a girl balancing on a ball, but it made me smile!)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_River_(artwork)

DSC_2943b.jpg

empty...:LOL:

DSC_2953b.jpg

Selfridge's

DSC_2936b.jpg

i liked the forced sense of scale between the statue and the figure seated on the bench :D

DSC_2916b.jpg

actually out in sunny Lapworth, my favourite place for Sunday Lunch :D

as always any comments welcome if the mood takes you...

thanks for looking.

M

I take it it was an early start to catch Birmingham that quiet :LOL:
Must try and venture into the centre for some photography .... Would be more interested in what I could find to photo :LOL:

I really like No.4, despite having seen so many images of Selfridges building I've not seen that view before.

It almost looks like some giant contraption, moving slowly forward, devouring everything in it's path!

The Iron Man shot is very good too - I like the perspective.

Chris

There's some fine shots here, perhaps a tight b/w crop of the figure seated on the bench? aka urban street photo?
Did you get any closer shots of the girl balancing on the ball?

I really like No.4, despite having seen so many images of Selfridges building I've not seen that view before.

It almost looks like some giant contraption, moving slowly forward, devouring everything in it's path!

The Iron Man shot is very good too - I like the perspective.

Chris

I think it looks like snot coming out of a cyclops. Horrible building! Yukk.

thanks for the feedback chaps... (y)

riddler, shots actually taken mid afternoon, but it was surprisingly quiet :shrug:

foxbat flyer, thanks for the comments, and active imagination regarding the Selfridge's shot :D

flintlock, not quite got up the nerve to actively photograph strangers, maybe next time though... ;)

wontolla, not sure if your comments are a critique of the image, or the content of the image. I think it is the later, so i am sure Mr A Gormley will be disappointed - oh well, i guess art is meant to be challenging and wont be to everyone's taste. I think also it would be more correct to call Iron: Man a sculpture, not really a building is it...:thinking:

thanks again for the feedback (y)

M

Back