Birthday flowers

Name
JIM
Edit My Images
Yes
My wife got a bunch of flowers for her birthday.Seemed a good chance to experiment.C&C welcome

closeup1.jpg

closeup2.jpg

closeup3.jpg

closeup4.jpg

closeup6.jpg

closeup7.jpg

I love the third one! Really great detail you have caught in the lily :)
the others seem a little soft to me...good idea to experiment though!

Thanks for the comments.New to this so will try photographing anything.Trial and error method

Thanks for the comments.New to this so will try photographing anything.Trial and error method

I remember when i got my new DSLR at Christmas one of the first things i took photos of was a bouquet of flowers in the kitchen as an experiment! Great minds think alike eh ;)
If u have photoshop software it might be worth playing around with colour curves and sharpening tool to see what difference it makes

:)

Yes I agree, they do look a little soft accept from the Lily. I love the Lily very much, great detail and beautiful colours!

Thanks again.I have P S so will give it a go. Got to learn the ins and outs of that also.:thinking:

There's a really good book called The Digital Photography Handbook by Doug Harman which has camera stuff in it but also covers the basics of Photoshop, its really useful! :D

No3 is a really nice shot, just my opinion but had you just got the stamen in it would have been a stonker of a shot.

The ones you are calling 'soft' are actually out of focus.
As said No.3 is great.

I can only add what's already been said really. ;)

Number 3 is excellent, i keep going back to look at it!! :clap:

This was taken with a Hyundi macro lens I bought of EBay. Got two lenses one was a high optics wide 0.5 X 52 plus macro srewed on to it and another tele 2.0 X 52 plus thread adapter all for £3.50 plus postage, £8 all in.Didn't know what they where, nobody bid on them.

No 3 for me as well! lovely shot! (y)

Back