Bit of Irish scenery - very first landscapes

Edit My Images
Yes
Hey y`all ,

Here im posting some pics i would love to get C&C for them. Haven`t used any filters. Some of them may be little oversaturated, well i have lot to learn.

road-800.jpg

rocks-800.jpg

ireland-moon-800.jpg

irish-house-800.jpg

boat-blue-800.jpg

sun-over-atlantic-800.jpg

Coast-drive-800.jpg

And here is something i thought will look nice in HDR but seems that noHDR version has something more to say...

8 - HDR
windmill-800.jpg

9 - original pic (sure with some PP)
windmill-high-750_.jpg

And finally some bad news (for me), i`ve noticed that my kit lens 18-70 is probably broken as when im fully zoomed in and AF is in progress, sometimes moving part hits its limiter (or whatever is name of it) and actually moves to the top, i can see it in viewfinder and its some serious movement when all picture just jump higher . Does anybody possibly knows how it works with europian guarantee as im in Ireland but camera was bought in UK, can i go to local Sony centre or have to send it to UK?

Thanks

Oh and i forgot to ask, when making pano what soft do you use?

Love the tones in No8...

Mrs OutLore and I are heading over at the end of Feb for 4 days, will be passing through Limerick, really looking forward to it :)

there is no exif in these so I can't see what settings you are using. Some of them look good and others not so good which might indicate you were using auto. For example #1 is focused on the road in the foreground with the subject out of focus.

Try aperture priority at around f8, f11 or f16 for landscape and have a read up on composition. #6 could have been very nice with a bit more thought about the composition.

Buy a polarizer. Those shots are great and your composition + exposure is spot on, so go for a polarizer to get some more vibrant colours straight from the camera :)

Good first efforts and you've definaely got some stunning scenery to work with. I would definately recomend some reading up on composition, start with the rule of thirds and foreground interest as some of you picks would certainly benefit from a bit of both. Dfinately worth investing in a circ polarizer if your going to be doing this more it will really help the skys pop.

Great set, certainly doesn't look like a first effort! Couple of them are indeed a bit oversaturated for me but composition is good, that's the main thing.

Love the tones in No8...

Mrs OutLore and I are heading over at the end of Feb for 4 days, will be passing through Limerick, really looking forward to it

I live in Limerick. If you`d be interesting let me know, we could manage some trip ;)

there is no exif in these so I can't see what settings you are using. Some of them look good and others not so good which might indicate you were using auto. For example #1 is focused on the road in the foreground with the subject out of focus.

Try aperture priority at around f8, f11 or f16 for landscape and have a read up on composition. #6 could have been very nice with a bit more thought about the composition.

Was shooting in A priority. Well yeah, i have a lot to learn about composition and stuff but that picture with road in foreground is as i wanted to have it. Can`t explain but love pics with road details in foreground... Something like im on my way (if you get it). Thanks anyway.

Great set. I like the colours of the sky.
Is the No6 HDR? There is some Halo around the island on the right hand side.

No its not HDR, just overcooked PP :)

Good first efforts and you've definaely got some stunning scenery to work with. I would definately recomend some reading up on composition, start with the rule of thirds and foreground interest as some of you picks would certainly benefit from a bit of both. Dfinately worth investing in a circ polarizer if your going to be doing this more it will really help the skys pop.

Thanks a lot! (y) I really need to read some "How to" for landscapes and buy some filters and stuff. Actually today im hoping to win Minolta 50mm f1.7 on ebay, will see if the results will be better. Anyway about those filters, is it big difference between them? (different brands, different prices)???

BIG THANKS to all of you, it`s great for me to read your comments as im only newbie and some people in this forum were/are huge inspiration!

(y)

A fine set of images for a first go. :)
Some good suggestions made already, so I won't repeat any.
It will pay you to get a good quality circular polariser. Something like Hoya. There's no point in having good quality lenses and putting cheap glass in front of it. ;)

There's no point in having good quality lenses and putting cheap glass in front of it.

Only problem is that i have only kit lenses yet :D

Anyway many thanks for suggestion!

nice shots - no 3 and 6 for me, nice landscape and nice sea and sky :)

Back