Biting the processing at home bullet ...

Name
Jon
Edit My Images
No
Okay now just supposing I was thinking of maybe trying to develop and scan my films (but not print) at home:

- What would I need as a starter?
- What would it cost?
- How easy would it be to store - i.e. how much room/special conditions? (This is probably the most important bit.)
- Will my wife ever see me again?

I know all this has been covered before but help, guidance, suggestions, advice always welcome.

gingerjon

You would need a changing bag for loading the tank in daylight.A film tank for developing the film, Chemicals for developing & somewhere dust free to dry the film, Job done. All you need after that is a film/flatbed scanner to scan your negs. Go for it

Toonie

If you just want to do your own B&W then all you need is a dev tank/spiral, thermometer, measuring jug and maybe a changing bag (if you haven't got a dark cupboard under the stairs like I have), force film washer and a squeegee. You can pretty much fit the basics in a shoe box. Oh and some chemicals.

Unless you're going for a top end scanner like an Epson V700/750 I'd definately factor in a glass negative carrier with adjustable hieght from betterscanning.com I'm getting increasingly fed up with the flimsy carrier for my Epson 4490 which doesn't hold the end frames of the strip flat and may not be at the optimum focal height for the scanner.

Jon

I have just done my first development a few days back. If you want the details etc; I will be more than happy to have a chat. Its really a great feeling, seeing the developed film coming out of the tank. I can send you my ph nos by PM if you wish

Ujjwal

Jon

I have just done my first development a few days back. If you want the details etc; I will be more than happy to have a chat. Its really a great feeling, seeing the developed film coming out of the tank. I can send you my ph nos by PM if you wish

Ujjwal

Thanks for that. Will have a ponder about whether/when I'm going to do it and then will drop you a PM.

Back