Black and Very White Portrait

Edit My Images
No
Hi Guys

I'd be interested in hearing what your thoughts are on this Portrait style (not even sure is it is a style).

I was doing some playing in PP with some shots of a customer with fairly blotchy skin on a very hot day and this kind of happened. I quite like it and so does the customer. But then again there’s no accounting for taste.

Thanks
Debs

Img 1
Kim%20&%20Andy%20055.jpg

Img 2
Kim%20&%20Andy%20057.jpg

Thanks Graham

I think your right about the second image. It's a little washed out. I've re-done it with higher contrast. It's a little stronger now

Debs

Kim%20&%20Andy%20057a.jpg

That's better Debs, but I feel we have introduced a problem. The shadow on her face is rather ugly. You may need to do some further work to make it all come together.

Keep with it!
Graham

it IS a style - and I quite like it.

Ilike it and if the client likes it.....you have won.

well done

That's better Debs, but I feel we have introduced a problem. The shadow on her face is rather ugly. You may need to do some further work to make it all come together.

Keep with it!
Graham

Or I could just delete it :LOL:

Your right Graham, more work around the mouth.

Thanks guys
Debs

Is that using a high pass filter in PS? It does remind me a bit of the venture style just with the oversaturated colours taken out.

Somewhere between img 2 and 3 would be the charm for me.

The edit of the 2nd picture looks great (y)

Hi guys

I’m really glad that you all seem to like this. Thank you :)

The Photoshop work was quite simple (it needs to be with me!).

I use the Nik Silver Exfex Pro Black and White filter (this really is an amazing set of plugings and I recommend them to anyone) and chose one of the presets for over exposing by 1 stop. I then just used the Photoshop Contrast and Brightness controls in the legacy mode. I turned the brightness right up and then brought the blacks back by using the contrast control and then used a layer mask to clean up the very dark shadows around her mouth.

The full set is here is you want a peek.
http://www.rkdweb.co.uk/Gallery/ka/

Debs

Back