Black and white plugin for Photoshop

Edit My Images
Yes
Can anyone recommend any decent B&W conversion plugins for Photoshop CS3?

I've always been into shooting in mono, and now I've gone over to digital I find myself converting a lot of my pics into B&W. In particular, I'd like to be able to recreate the grain and contrasty look of push-processed film.

Any ideas?

There was a similar thread to this recently and someone mentioned a whole host of CS3 filters that were supposed to mimic the appearence of various old film types, unfortunately the general consensus was that if you wanted to really recreate the look of old black and white shots particularly grainy push processed ones you were better off getting out you old film camera as B&W really isn't that crash hot on a digital sensor.

I did a quick search (always search before you post :) ) but I couldn't find anything on B&W filters.

I used to love shooting on llford HP5 and rating it at 800 or 1600 ISO for that grainy reportage look, but it's an expensive business getting B&W film developed and scanned on to CD these days.

There aren't that many companies around that will develop and scan B&W, and those that do charge an arm and a leg, especially if you've pushed the film by a stop or two. The last time I had a pushed B&W film processed and scanned cost me the best part of £15 :eek:

I suppose I could splash out on a negative scanner and do my own film developing in the bathroom :nuts: but I've achieved some really pleasing results by converting pics from my 5D into mono on Photoshop. All the pics look as if they were shot on fine-grain film - I'd like some way of dirtying them up a bit :D

A.

Can anyone recommend any decent B&W conversion plugins for Photoshop CS3?

I've always been into shooting in mono, and now I've gone over to digital I find myself converting a lot of my pics into B&W. In particular, I'd like to be able to recreate the grain and contrasty look of push-processed film.

Any ideas?

Photokit from Pixel genius works for me..http://www.pixelgenius.com/photokit/index.html

Try searching for black and white actions for photoshop, theres loads of free ones. Wayne

Back