Black and white prints coming out pink!

Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all,
I have a Kodak ESP 3250 and have been trying to print an A4 black and white photo but it keeps coming out pink!!
Am I missing something obvious or is it a rubbish printer!
I'm using Kodak gloss photo paper and both inks are full.......Help!

Steve

printers with one black in cart can't normally get cast free B&W images. even with a good profile its tough

Yes, it is a crap printer for photos, and the standard black ink isn't very accurate for B&W. My trials from the same printer change colour cast depending on the light they're being viewed in, but that could be partly down to the paper. The colour prints from it are even worse, with really bad banding in the shadows.

Agree with POAH, as an option try the following setting - select 'Plain Paper' (even though you will be using Kodak) select 'Text and Image' in the Advanced page set Greyscale; High Speed and Edge Smoothing and see if that shows any improvement
Dave

your problems are caused by the colour profiles , i had a cast on my 1290s until i calibrated it.
the issue is the inks and paper you use. **** time i change paer i have to use a different profile

Cheers Steve

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies! Looks like I'll give up and send them to photobox!

Reduce the magneta cast by about -4, or more depending on how pink they are!. My ip4850 canon and the entire pixma ip range does the same thing, even though yours isn't a pixma.

Even with Two black inks, however i fixed it by reducing magneta, isn't even fixable with a profile :bang:

Back