Black Darter

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
A female black darter taken yesterday.

First a 5 F3.2 image stack of it. I did this to keep the heather blurred out, and get as much of the dragonfly in focus.

2015-08-15_19-06-18-MB-R30-S8.jpg

Here's another of it - single image this time

IMG_5372.jpg

Very nice Chris, the stack shot is very executed showing some really good delicate detail.(y)

George.

Thanks all for the comments - Appreciated (y)

Good work with the stack Chris. Oddly enough though, I think I prefer the single shot. Both compositions work well for me, but it is the asymmetry in the rendition of the left and right hand wings in the stack shot that makes me prefer the single shot, with its "nearer wings in focus, further wings OOF" effect.

Thanks - yes, you are right the stack does not have both wings in focus completely - which if I'd noticed at the time should of got more depth to the stack to bring the other in.

The first one is brilliant i love this sort of shot
Great background colour and you've captured the shine on its wings perfectly
It's really difficult to do a stack like this and it's almost perfect apart from as said the right hand wings
The side on one is great too

Excellent work (y)

Very nice work Chris

Very nice Chris. The OOF heather(?) really works well as a background. I havent the patience to do stacking so kudos for spending the time.

Lovely images! The OOF focus wings on the first don't bother me, it still looks very natural and packs plenty of detail. The colour combinations are beautiful!

Back