Black Headed Gull – Amended they are Grey Headed Gulls

Edit My Images
No
(Chroicephalus ridibundus) – S Africa - amended it is a grey-headed gull (Chroicocephalus cirrocephalus)

BHG-ZA.jpg

Last edited:
Good detail Bill, as Rus said, nice turn of the head showing good eye detail (y)

The dust spot is very noticeable (around the same level as the birds eye over near the right) and have you done some cloning bottom left, bottom right?? the blue looks a little blotchy/inconsistent

Good detail Bill, as Rus said, nice turn of the head showing good eye detail (y)

The dust spot is very noticeable (around the same level as the birds eye over near the right) and have you done some cloning bottom left, bottom right?? the blue looks a little blotchy/inconsistent

Yep Phil, thanks - bg was poor so I cloned, but I find it difficult on my Laptop ...... so much so that I cannot see the "dust spot" - but did not clone in that area - I'll have another look, thanks again

I need my desktop

Last edited:
Dust spot's here Bill, I've just calibrated me monitor again and I'm afraid it seems to be picking up every imperfection :D

BHG-ZA.jpg

My goodness, Phil - you don't need Specsavers with eyesight like yours ;) - I think I'll book my appointment right away!

Russ

Russ, I looked at the shot on me laptop screen, the dust spot's barely visible and tbh, I wouldn't have noticed the inconsistency in blues around the left corner. Hook me lappy up to monitor and they stand out like a sore.......well you know the saying :D

Just goes to show how viewing and pp'ing is effected on different screens/monitors :)

Very nicely composed Bill posture of the head in first photo completes a very good image.
GEORGE.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks All

a couple of shots in the air

I was sure they are BHG - but there are some confusing gulls down here in S Africa - which I do not think that I have seen in Europe
BHG_20.jpg

BHG_21.jpg

Last edited:
Amendment: They are Grey-Headed Gulls NOT Black Headed Gulls

I thought that there was something unusual, (for me), about them

Last edited:
Back