Black Headed Gull Airborne - Images Added

Edit My Images
Yes
A couple of Black Headed Gulls from today

This one was very protective of it's little bit of reservoir ...

237_071.jpg

This one tried a headstand ...

237_050.jpg

Last edited:
2 fantastic shots Martyn especially the action in the first, although I have to admit I did chuckle out loud when I scrolled down to the second image.

:agree:

Gordon

These looked good on your LCD today Martyn, but on the full screen they are brilliant. So impressive, I cant pick a favourite. Well done and it was good to meet you too (y)

These looked good on your LCD today Martyn, but on the full screen they are brilliant. So impressive, I cant pick a favourite. Well done and it was good to meet you too (y)

Nice to put a face to a poster ... and always a pleasure to teach a Canon user how his camera works :D

2 crackers there. Looks like the 2nd one missed his landing and is going A over T.

2 excellent captures :clap::clap:(y)

Two good one`s Martyn, had to look and figure the second one out for a couple of seconds :LOL:.

it was good to meet you too (y)

And he survived to come back and post pictures up Trev :shake::shake: A missed opportunity to push Martyn and his Nikon in the water and you let me down :shrug:

And he survived to come back and post pictures up Trev :shake::shake: A missed opportunity to push Martyn and his Nikon in the water and you let me down :shrug:

i was outnumbered by Canonites in that hide as well, however home advantage would have seen me through :D

Lovely pictures.

What lens were you using out of interest?

Cheers Gordon .. 500mm f4 + 1.4TC for those.

Two good one`s Martyn, had to look and figure the second one out for a couple of seconds :LOL:.

It was fishing Rich ... mind you in nearly an hour it only caught one :D, hardly seemed worth the effort defending such prolific fishing grounds.

Excellent captures! (y)

They're fiesty little critters, aren't they!?

Cheers.

i was outnumbered by Canonites in that hide as well, however home advantage would have seen me through :D
And he never went anywhere near the water Rich, plus his home advantage was called Steve, rather bigger than all of us :boxer: :whistle::LOL:

Sorry Martyn, another newbie question here...

How many shots and how long were at the location to get those two?

I shoot in single shot mode, I took one shot of the first image, and I have five shots of the gull jumping up and diving in, a couple in the air, a couple with it's head under water and the one posted which I got lucky on.

With the first it is pure instinct I could see the gull was going to have a pop from it's behaviour and body language. The second was basically the same thing I could tell when it was going to pounce.

I also have some of the gull just swimming around, and some others of the gulls in flight.

1/2000 sec and f7.1

237_059.jpg

237_086.jpg

237_064.jpg

These are excellent Martyn(y)(y)

I think these are much underrated as a photography subject - they are fun to watch and are always good value when fishing or fighting:LOL:

All excellent shots.

A really good set i like the lot (y)

Regards

Richard

Back