Black Hole in Spain !

Edit My Images
No
This was a completely dark cellar in Spain - only flip up flash available !

Comments willfully ignored ... sorry welcomed !;)

DSC_035701382005_11_16.jpg

Thanks for looking ... and even better critiquing ?

Interesting pic - I mean that as a compliment BTW:)

Others may disagree but I think you should maybe crop out the ceiling brickwork and focus more on the "jugs" ;) (What else do you call them)

you have got some good detail and colours here...and interesting shot which would make a good painting. I like the composition too.

its ok for me, but i would level it up, and add a border

At the moment I think it's lacking something, maybe a bit of saturation?

Also did a really quick conversion to B&W and played with the levels, the textures suit it IMO.

Warspite said:
Interesting pic - I mean that as a compliment BTW:)

Others may disagree but I think you should maybe crop out the ceiling brickwork and focus more on the "jugs" ;) (What else do you call them)

Thanx Warspite - I will give this a shot at the weekend, when I also hope to be able to add a border ... as everyone keeps on about how it might enhance every one of my pics ... Matty !?!:nunu:

As for their name - not 100% sure but probably just a variation of the Amphora theme perhaps ... on a giant scale ! These are about 5' tall.

Painting Marianne ... now there is a whole other hobby for the later years ... and someone else ! Me ... I prefer the spontaneity of photography - something hard to achieve in painting. I don't have the patience for things that take an age to be something !:annoyed:

Also did a really quick conversion to B&W and played with the levels, the textures suit it IMO.

Not sure Dod - I was going to try it in B & W but this may be a little over-cooked for me ... IMO of course ! Like the BORDER though !:smilenod:

Agree with borders.
I must learn how to border my pics. Without borders they dont look like any effort has gone into them which makes me uncomfortable when you see the obvious effort others make. I mean this in personal reflection - not a dig at you BTW;)

Dods edit is actually very good - its got rid of that sudden end to the cellar and made it appear like there is more beyond, also makes it look more aged.

Warspite said:
Agree with borders.
I must learn how to border my pics. Without borders they dont look like any effort has gone into them which makes me uncomfortable when you see the obvious effort others make. I mean this in personal reflection - not a dig at you BTW;)

Agreed - although it (apparently) takes no effort at all ! Ask Matty ... :banghead:

Dods edit is actually very good - its got rid of that sudden end to the cellar and made it appear like there is more beyond, also makes it look more aged.

I see what you mean about the increase in depth in Dods - didn't say I totally disagreed with it, just that I thought it was a little overcooked! DGMW I like B & W ... and just for the sake of it !:smilenod:

when is your software arriving Rog???

Matty said:
when is your software arriving Rog???

The weekend Matt ! :thumb: Then I will show you frames alright ... and no mistake !?!;) Once I can work out how to work it out ... if you see what I mean ?

dod said:
At the moment I think it's lacking something, maybe a bit of saturation?

Yuk...Marmite :suspect1:
But seriously, an interesting alternative

Bachs said:
Yuk...Marmite :suspect1:
But seriously, an interesting alternative

But from an interesting original Bachs ? :thumb: Or not ! :sadcry:

(Ps - Blows my theory about sigs !):dizzy:

Back