Black Mamba

Name
Andy
Edit My Images
Yes
I was a little disappointed when I saw this one. This was shot behind glass, no natural light and very little fluorescent lighting. It wasn't until I got home that I realized I missed the focus and got it on the leaf. I thought I'd post anyway as it's such a beautiful snake.

2306924017_bbf998e46d_o.jpg

An "almost" but still a nice shot (y)

Sweet, is that sooty from the Reptile zone? lol. I was wondering where you had shot all the venomous.;) You should come up for a proper shoot sometime - my partner owns it:LOL:

Sweet, is that sooty from the Reptile zone?

It is.

You should come up for a proper shoot sometime - my partner owns it:LOL:

Really. When you mentioned reptile shop before I assumed it was the reptile house. I would love to be able shoot these out in the open. I did speak to Pete about doing it but he didn't think health and safety would allow it without me having venomous snake handling training - which I'm looking into.

I will see if I can sort something out, it is extremely difficult capturing close up shots of these fellas out of the viv and as he says health and safety is a major issue. I know, Im working on the health and safety risk assessmnts again this week:bang:. But you can pop up when I'm there and you will at least have someone to get out any other reptiles you fancy shooting, also, depending on who is there we may b e able to organise some venomous shooting too. I may get some of them out as Ive had some training, but Ive not kept up with it so I would stick to the vipers mainly. I have another tog friend who visits most Saturdays and is one of the most competent venomous handlers I know of who may also help us out. Two handlers is best when shooting.

If you do manage to sort something out that would be fantastic and much appreciated.

But even without the venomous I would love to come up again, I had a lot of fun and it would be great to shoot with someone else with the same interests.

Nice shot.

Think I'd be happier with the mamba staying the other side of the glass, as there a bit quick :eek:

Darren

Nice shot.

Think I'd be happier with the mamba staying the other side of the glass, as there a bit quick :eek:

Darren

Thanks. I must admit, of all of them, I was also glad this one was behind glass. But saying that, it seemed very placid, not like the Western Diamondback Rattle snake who was making it known that it didn't want me there.

Back