Black & White HDR (..I think?)

Name
Sean
Edit My Images
Yes
Started getting into HDR not so long ago, been messing a lot lately with it, so I thought I'd try a black and white shot, then HDR it.

(Not sure if it would still be classed as a HDR now being B&W?)

DisabledHDR-.jpg

Some say they like it, some say they dont, opinions totally welcome - good or bad.

I could have lined it up better, i rushed it a little bit due to it raining (Anybody else agree we've had too much bad weather for one year?) but aside from that, i like it.

I wanted the main focus to be the parking spot, overlooking the cliff-edge. A few have said they think the disabled marking spoils it, where others have said they think it makes the photo. I'm un-decided on that.

As i said, opinions etc welcome.

Really not sure about it, i don't think the disabled sign is the problem, the tress in the background aren't clear enough and as a result are a bit distracting. I do like the processing though.

Whether its colour or B&W its not HDR because its not a 32bit image. The image itself doesn't really do anything for me. I think its lacking contrast and the trees don't quite fit in the shot.

What I do little man is do a normal HDR then convert to black and white to see how it looks in both colour and black and white and its surprising how well some photos do look, I personally think your photos a little dark and am not sure of the Disabled sign though.

Fair play, some good comments there.

Definatly agree with some now that they've been pointed out.

Back