B&W Black & White Portrait

Name
PHILIP
Edit My Images
No
Been really missing using my camera whilst we're in Lockdown so yesterday I manages to persuade my 5 year old daughter to sit for a couple of portraits. I had little time to work with as she really loses interest quickly but am happy with what I managed to get.

Set up was just a black reflector for the background and soft box to the right with reflector to her left. I don't have a studio so was just quickly set up in the back bedroom with really minimal space.

Would love and C&C.

Thanks
Phil

DSCF5459 by Phil Carver, on Flickr

DSCF5381 by Phil Carver, on Flickr

DSCF5365 by Phil Carver, on Flickr

DSCF5431 by Phil Carver, on Flickr

DSCF5382 by Phil Carver, on Flickr

DSCF5361 by Phil Carver, on Flickr

Last edited:
Very nice, I like them all, but number 2 if my favourite. I am still trying to bribe my little girl to do the same...

Lovely mate, agree #2 is the best. Not keen on the shadows on #3.

My own five year old has become my sole subject of late much to his disdain!!

Lovely mate, agree #2 is the best. Not keen on the shadows on #3.

My own five year old has become my sole subject of late much to his disdain!!

Thanks Mark an glad you've got an unwilling subject to photograph too haha :)

I agree about the shadows on 3. I realised I had the Lightbox too much to the right. So managed to bribe her later on for a reshoot where I managed to move the light round a little more.

Number 2 was a litt bit of an accident as she faced the wrong way but luckily the light came back off the reflector and lit her face well :)

Thanks Mark an glad you've got an unwilling subject to photograph too haha :)

I agree about the shadows on 3. I realised I had the Lightbox too much to the right. So managed to bribe her later on for a reshoot where I managed to move the light round a little more.

Number 2 was a litt bit of an accident as she faced the wrong way but luckily the light came back off the reflector and lit her face well :)
One thing the lockdown has done is improved my flash photography!!

A very photogenic model you have there!

Back