Black & white printing looks green

Name
Janice
Edit My Images
Yes
Can anyone tell me if there is a way I can print black and white on my Canon Pixma that looks black and white instead of having a green tint.

If i click "print in greyscale" it looks the same.

The printer is otherwise fantastic.... with colour printing.

Not really, I had the same problem with my Epson printer - to get a true black and white your priner needs to have a "light black" ink cartridge. Unfortunately whe I went looking for one I discovered that few do, only those that are designed to print real B/W, which cost £££ :(

Looks like Photobox for me then!! Thanks for your help, as long as I know it's not just me Im fine!! :LOL:

Hey...I wonder if I tint it green in Photoshop... if it will print out Black & White!!! :D :LOL:

Just a thought Janice, but are you using Canon inks or a cheaper alternative? I worked in an ink cartridge factory a few years ago, and despite what people think they are very different ;) Or has the ink passed its expire date? Again, this can have an effect on ink.

HTH :)

You can improve it by correcting for the tint in PS before printing, I find I get the best result if I set 'colour balance' to -2 for Magenta and +2 for blue. Set the same change for shadows, midtones and highlights in the 'colour balance' dialog box. ;)

You can improve it by correcting for the tint in PS before printing, I find I get the best result if I set 'colour balance' to -2 for Magenta and +2 for blue. Set the same change for shadows, midtones and highlights in the 'colour balance' dialog box. ;)

I tried that,but never really got satisfactory results, however that's probably more down to operator error than anything else :LOL:

They are all Canon originals and Canon original paper, Jo.

No way past their sell by dates as I have to change them too often!! :LOL:

But thanks for the help everyone... I will send that Black & white shot of Jed to photobox and get it done properly. (y)

Wild stab in the dark here, are your colour profiles the same on the PC and printer?

Wild stab in the dark here, are your colour profiles the same on the PC and printer?

Well it prints colour pics absolutely the same as the monitor... so I think so.

Back