Jjm

Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
Last edited:
It looks a little dark to me...?

I'll need to give it a tweek and I think I was shooting towards the sun

looks a bit leaning to the right to me? And the sun was to your left, see the shadows :) otherwise a very good capture

looks a bit leaning to the right to me? And the sun was to your left, see the shadows :) otherwise a very good capture

Thank you I cant decide:)

Hard call on the whether it is straight or not as some of the main verticals are perfect yet some are leaning to the right slightly.
The horizon isn't flat so I wouldn't use that as a gauge.
Like I say a tough call!

On a lighter note, this is a reminder of somewhere I need to go and shoot through the summer! (y)

Last edited by a moderator:
As Stupar said above you, its hard as not everything will be vertical due to the distortion/perspective effect, but my eye was initially drawn to the round tower in the centre of the frame. Personally I would aim for that to be straight and see how everything else looks, but that's just me, others may have a different view.

I briefly tried adding 0.5 degrees of CCW rotation in PS and it looked better to my eye, but others may think different. (y)

As Stupar said above you, its hard as not everything will be vertical due to the distortion/perspective effect, but my eye was initially drawn to the round tower in the centre of the frame. Personally I would aim for that to be straight and see how everything else looks, but that's just me, others may have a different view.

I briefly tried adding 0.5 degrees of CCW rotation in PS and it looked better to my eye, but others may think different. (y)
:shrug:

Blackness Castle by Geordie1970, on Flickr

Hope you don't mind this upload (you have the edit box ticked)

I used the ruler tool in PS to straighten using the right hand edge of the tower as a datum

Still not sure however, its a tricky one to get right it would seem.

JJMStaighten_zpsabb894b8.jpg

It may well have been straight when it was built but, to be fair, that was back in the 1440s so it's probably suffered a bit over the past 600 years. I don't think you can really hold yourself to blame that it's not straight any more.

Hope you don't mind this upload (you have the edit box ticked)

I used the ruler tool in PS to straighten using the right hand edge of the tower as a datum

Still not sure however, its a tricky one to get right it would seem.

JJMStaighten_zpsabb894b8.jpg
Tricky one aint it:)
It may well have been straight when it was built but, to be fair, that was back in the 1440s so it's probably suffered a bit over the past 600 years. I don't think you can really hold yourself to blame that it's not straight any more.
Thats a fair point:)

Back