blackpool zoo..... flowers!

Name
michelle
Edit My Images
No
went to blackpool zoo on thurs (couldn't make the meet sadly) my best pics of the day were of flowers!!..... typical :)

have been hibernating on the projects and challenges thread so this is a tentative step back into the C+C world...

4504099666_7b9587b39c.jpg

4504099252_3c64fb3d4a.jpg

4504099094_72bd1b6a0f.jpg

I like the detail and direction of the flower in the first shot but being on a bench or wall sort of spoils it. The second one is how you would want it best but with the flower from the first one :) With the third one because the flowers are small I think it might have looked better if the whole head was in focus. Great detail on the 1st one though (y)

thanks for the comments, thought this had plummeted into obscurity un-noticed :)

my 2yr old grandson 'picked' the 2 flowers as he saw me taking photos so had to oblige and shoot them.. am kinda addicted to my 35mm prime at the moment and f/1.8 seems to be the aperture I use most.. must venture beyond this..

they are pretty flowers, since found out they are hellebore, will have to get one for my garden

Missed these! I like them very much...I quite like the two flowers on the surface nice juxtaposition of textures and colours, thats probably my favourite of the three

But the other two are very good indeed. Nice dof in both and good and sharp where it counts :)

Good set! :clap:

thanks, have never really been into taking photos of flowers before, but lately am finding myself taking more than I ever did in the past :)

Back