:blank:

Edit My Images
Yes
Chrysanthemum.jpg

Chrysanth_white.jpg

Foliage.jpg

Been having a fiddle today with the old flower macro thing seeing as though everybody else seems to be doing it.

Not being one to miss out on what all the cool kids are up to I thought I'd have a go!

The first is garish to say the least, but I like the colour contrast. Second is a bit soft, last is a bit 'form over color' if you catch my drift?

The challenge is...........

Be brutally honest! Go on, I double dan-dare you! ;)

#1 No, dont like the background at all!
#2 Very nice, this kind of shot appeals to me, and in fact Mrs Matt got some nice flowers for her birthday.....
#3 works for me, interesting colour flower!

I like them...BUT I don't like the background in #1 (great shot, but the colours don't work for me I'm afraid). Love the colour of the flower in #3. #2 is probably my favourite :)

Yeah...I'm a sucker for macro flowers too. Like #3.

regards

#1 Carnation - beautiful colour and sharpness (dont like the background)
#2 Dahlia - lovely close up and nice angle
#3 Tulip? - great shot, love the abstract effect this produces.
many thanks

I'll disagree with everyone else, I like the background in #1 :)

Thanks guys. I've been playing with tulips this avo so expect more tomorrow or tonight! (did I hear a groan at the back?)

I must admit, the colour contrast in the 1st one is starting to grow on me.

BTW all of these were shot on the panny with a Cokin +3 closeup filter. It's not bad providing you remember to stop down to about 5.6 and don't mind the vignetting.

Onwards and upwards!

Oh, and apologies for my rather confrontational OP, I was very, very drunk at the time!

Back