Blattodea :P

Point well made Kurt. Some fantastic variety there. The first one looks particularly impressive, and I love the newly moulted one you've found!

ewww but as Tim said, point taken.
As always some lovely shots Kurt. :)

Are you sure that image No. three is of mating Roaches? - The reason I ask is that I breed Orange Spot Roaches (Blaptica Dubia) to feed to my lizards, and the male and females have different wings - the males have full wings (but are flightless) and the females just have little wing stubs. 'My' Roaches look very much like the Roach in your image No. five, but the plate behind the head is the same colour as the wings.

No. one is an impressive looking chap!

Outstanting shots. That 4th one looks like an alien spaceship :)

Point well made Kurt. Some fantastic variety there. The first one looks particularly impressive, and I love the newly moulted one you've found!

Thanks, Timmy. There are nice looking ones too which I have posted before.

ewww but as Tim said, point taken.
As always some lovely shots Kurt. :)

Thanks, Graham.

Are you sure that image No. three is of mating Roaches? - The reason I ask is that I breed Orange Spot Roaches (Blaptica Dubia) to feed to my lizards, and the male and females have different wings - the males have full wings (but are flightless) and the females just have little wing stubs. 'My' Roaches look very much like the Roach in your image No. five, but the plate behind the head is the same colour as the wings.

No. one is an impressive looking chap!

Thanks for the comment, Jim. I am sure they were mating. They were connected for a long long time. I think the sexual dimorphism varies greatly for different species. For example, males of Catara sp. have wings and females don't.

Outstanting shots. That 4th one looks like an alien spaceship :)

LOL...thanks, Ian. It's beginning to look like a space ship to me :D

Lol and :agree:

Great set and thanks for the education didn't realise there was so many species.

Excellent set especially love the alien mentioned.

Thanks, Bryn.

Back