Blists Hill museum characters

CJR

Name
Cathy
Edit My Images
Yes
Two from Blists Hill open air museum, Ironbridge. It was a cold grey and miserable day, with not much outdoor action from the few "characters" around. These two photos are my favourites from a pretty poor bunch.

Both with 30D, 70-200f4L IS at f4.

ISO 400, 1/320
Ironbridge_20080214_010ed.jpg

ISO 640, 1/250
Ironbridge_20080214_007.jpg

As always, C&C appreciated.

Thanks.

Cathy

Hi Cathy :)

Had some right problems getting these to display, I guess photobucket might be having issues :(

I quite like the first one, but think it might work better cropped so that its just a portrait of her face, I might be wrong though. I like the backdrop, and you've captured some nice colours.

The second one, the guy on the right is spot on. I'd crop this so it looked something more like here:

CJR1.jpg

Love the colour, sharpness and detail in the 2nd :D

Thanks for commenting Matt, much appreciated.

I quite like the background figure in the first shot, but will certainly try the crop you suggest and compare.

I wasn't sure about cropping the second - the guy on the left almost looks as *** he's been photoshopped in, doesn't he, and I'm still undecided if that is good or not. I like the result of your crop, though.

Cathy

I don't know why those *** are there - should say "as though he's been ...".

Very strange.

Cathy

That'll be the text speak filter Cathy :LOL:

The 1st is a very nice shot, composition, detail & expression are spot on - could do with a levels/curves adjustment to introduce some stronger definition but the actual shot is very nicely captured (y)

2nd shot is an "almost there" shot for me - very nice detail & sharpness but the cropped version doesn't seem to work imo as he looks like he is looking out of the frame & there's not enough room to the left of shot. Just my opinion of course but you know how picky I am :LOL: (y)

Hello MIke

thanks for the critique - you know I don't mind you being picky, that's the only way to learn. (y) For some reason I didn't get the email notification of your message, so apologies for delay in replying.

I've already applied some levels and curves to the first image, perhaps I need to do some more to give it that bit more oomph. I kept crossing paths with this woman, I think she thought I was stalking her! :LOL:

I think I agree about number 2, altho I like the crop I also quite like the original with the other guy in, makes it a bit different ....

Cathy

Back