Blossom - Carl Zeiss Jena Sonnar Electric 135mm f/3.5

Name
Duncan
Edit My Images
No
I'm just beginning to do some test shots with this lens to see how it performs as a telephoto instead of a tube lens for ultra macro. I have to say it's an impressive lens and I really like some of the shots it's delivering. For the £85 shipped I paid for it, it's tough to find fault. Here's a quick shot I took this evening. You're manual everything, obviously, so AF addicts need not apply. :D This shot is barely cropped and just a little sharpening in PP.

Cherry Blossom – Carl Zeiss Jena Sonnar Electric 135mm f/3.5

Last edited:
That's nice, what camera you use that with?

Thats about as sharp as a sharp thing for wide open!
Gotta love the focus peaking on the XT1 assuming that is what you used to assist with this shot

Thats about as sharp as a sharp thing for wide open!
Gotta love the focus peaking on the XT1 assuming that is what you used to assist with this shot

TBH, Stuart, it was more click and hope. The Cherry tree is at the bottom of our garden and that branch is about 8 ft up. It was swaying in the wind a fair bit so it was difficult to focus on at all. Taken @ f/3.5, handheld @ 1/250, ISO 320. In other words, I got lucky. :D

TBH, Stuart, it was more click and hope. The Cherry tree is at the bottom of our garden and that branch is about 8 ft up. It was swaying in the wind a fair bit so it was difficult to focus on at all. Taken @ f/3.5, handheld @ 1/250, ISO 320. In other words, I got lucky. :D

Jammy git! :LOL:

Back