Blue light district.

That's fantastic :clap:

Any tips you feel like sharing? I'm all ears....

Very Japanese paintingish, :)

Thanks everyone. :)

Beautiful shot. Very tranquil, Spot ON!

I'm really interested to know where it is. Can't quite work out the fells behind due to the mist.
Did you use a gel or Ngrad?

Thanks for sharing

Allan

Cheers Allan. No filters used. It was far too wet to use any filters as I had to keep wiping the lens as it was. Since ive made it for someone over on ocuk, here is my map of where it was shot;
Buttermere;
buttermerefromrannerdalnb8.jpg

:D

Just seen this shot on Deviant, amazing shot, love the blue cast. Well done, obviously loving the D300 then.

Thank you. Yeah, me and the D300 are getting on very nicely thanks. Can't wait to get the battery grip on it though.

lovely, shot what time was that taken ?

Thank you. It was shot at 16:05:34 Very cloudy so the light level dropped a lot.

How do you get the glow around the tree?

Its just where the sun was hiding behind the clouds so its lighter there.

Having looked at this some more I think it's probably your best shot to date MK, alongside the odonata study from the summer.

However!! There does seem to be some haloing around the tree's reflection. I spent a while trying to work out if it was natural but couldn't figure out what would cause it.

I think you might be right Tom. Its growing on me more and might be amongst my strongest work to date, certainly landscape work. Yeah, after you mentioned it I can see what you mean. Im not sure whats caused it to be honest, quite possibly sloppy dodging. :shrug:

That's fantastic :clap:

Any tips you feel like sharing? I'm all ears....

Time of day is the secret. Late enough to force long exposures, yet early enough to still have colour in the sky. The golden hour... although this particular hour wasn't very golden. More grey and blue.

:)

Beautiful shot and as others have said, inspirational IMO. Thanks very much for sharing :D

I tried to decide which of the two versions I prefered and just couldn't. I found I liked the water and the slightly darker background in the first but prefer the reeds in the second.

Beautiful shot and as others have said, inspirational IMO. Thanks very much for sharing :D

I tried to decide which of the two versions I prefered and just couldn't. I found I liked the water and the slightly darker background in the first but prefer the reeds in the second.

Thank you. :) I might have another go at processing the shot as im not 100% happy with either of the versions. Im really happy with the overall shot, but I feel its worth taking more time over the processing to get it just right. Might end up getting this one printed next time Photobox have a poster deal on.:)

Astounding! Great shot!

Simply stunning :clap:

Thanks guys. I decided to go right back to the start and process it from scratch again to get it just how I wanted it. So the final version is;

Blue_light_district_by_MessiahKhan.jpg

:)

Ditto to all of the above comments! simply breathtaking :)

Inspirational stuff MK, the third version does just edge it over the others in my opinion.

nowhere near as good, but just though I'd post this as it was your image that inspired me!
ls2.jpg

had to do a little more post post processing on mine though :)

I'd pay good money to have that on my wall. Thats the sort of image i'd love to be able to take.

Thanks folks. :)

nowhere near as good, but just though I'd post this as it was your image that inspired me!
*snip*

had to do a little more post post processing on mine though :)

Nice attempt there. Could do with more foreground leading you in though. Also maybe make the groud a bit darker. :)

I'd pay good money to have that on my wall. Thats the sort of image i'd love to be able to take.

Thanks. You can pay good money to have it on your wall if you want. See the 'sales' section of my website http://www.afowler.co.uk/ for a price list. Email me if your interested as ive not added many images to my photobox account yet. (y)

yes, as above. Superb.

have you sent off your for your LRSP (or what ever letters they are). It's april when you find out isn't it?

Cheers. Yeah ive sent the LRPS panel off. I should know how its gone by the evening of April 2nd.

Guess where im going tomorrow... Lakes again. :D

Ace shot mate! :clap:

It's just a tree standing in a puddle:shrug:

It's also one of the most stunning images I've seen on this forum :love::clap:

Back