Blue Mason bee

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
No
A lucky spot today - I actually saw a ruby-tailed wasp land on the brickwork outside in the garden and ran to get the camera. Needless to say, it had gone when I returned outside, but I did see possibly what it was looking for... A host, perhaps? For inside an old rawl plug in one of the bricks is a mason bee, hiding, waiting for a chance maybe to make a safe escape... I had blue mason bees in the garden last year too so was always likely one or two might make an appearance this year...

Canon 100mm L IS, f/9, 1/10sec, ISO 160

1200mason1.jpg

1200mason2.jpg

Paul.

Last edited:
Excellent! Shame about the wasp, hope it comes back but what a cool find. Is that why they are called Mason Bees then? Because they live in bricks?

Last edited:
Great find... have a few that like the old house number sign holes at my front door got a alright vid on my phone.

Nice shots :D

Great find... have a few that like the old house number sign holes at my front door got a alright vid on my phone.

Nice shots :D

Cheers mate. I tried to film it on my phone on the flower but it didn't come out so good.

Paul.

Lovely shots, I have one of these living in my bee hotel at the moment. Am hoping he's still there at the weekend when I can get out and take some pictures :)

Lovely shots, I have one of these living in my bee hotel at the moment. Am hoping he's still there at the weekend when I can get out and take some pictures :)

Fingers crossed Sarah :)

Paul.

Back