Blue

Hacker

TPer Emeritus
Name
Colin
Edit My Images
Yes
It's been a while since I've done any water drops so thought I'd give it a go this morning. It also gave me the perfect opportunity to try the Lumiquest flash gel set I bought from another member last week.

All the shots were taken with the D300, 70-200mm f/2.8 VR, Canon 500D strapped to the front of the lens and lighting was two off camera SB-600's, one with a blue gel to light the background which was a small white reflector. I set a cool white balance to accentuate the blue and then tweaked it in Lightroom.

0803_Water-drops_030-1.jpg

0803_Water-drops_033-2.jpg

3. Which way up? :D
0803_Water-drops_034-3.jpg

0803_Water-drops_044-5.jpg

0803_Water-drops_068-7.jpg

6. For this one I changed to a red gel but didn't like it so much.
0803_Water-drops_054-6.jpg

Super set H, I like them all but my least favourite is the last one cause I'm a boy and I don't do pink. Your lighting is superb H. :LOL: (y)

any chance i can see the set up for these, or even yours Alby, i finally got a off camera shoe cord to do this hehe :)

Wez my last lot were just taken with 1 flash on a bracket and a lumiquest mini diffuser. Looking at Hackers drops I think I will get my other flash into action to light them better.

any chance i can see the set up for these, or even yours Alby, i finally got a off camera shoe cord to do this hehe :)

These were done in the kithen sink, a large bowl was placed on top of another upturned bowl to get the correct height. That's about it really for the set-up although I have included a diagram to show the lights, the flash with the gel was moved around, sometimes above the bowl pointing at the reflector, other times at the side, it's best to experiment.

water-drop-LightingSetup.jpg

Back