Blueish tint on colour prints

Name
Clifford
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all.
I wonder if anyone has any idears a bout the following. When I down load my pictures, on to my computor, they look ok. But when I print them, the whites/grays have a very blueish tint to them. My printer is not a fancy one, just an HP inkjet, and I am useing the correct cart's. This is starting to get me down.
Thanks in advance

Cliff

It could be a number of reasons. Are you using HP paper. Normally manufacturers set up the printer to work with their brand of paper and ink.

If you are using the correct brand of paper and ink. it may simply be a miss match between your screen and the printer. Now I'm not going to go on about screen calibration and printer profiles.

You could have a look at the printer dialogue box that pops up when you are printing. I'm not familiar with HP machines, as I'm an Epson user, but there may be some controls that enable you to adjust the print colour. These are usually hidden within the advanced tab if you have one. See if you have such a set of controls. It's maybe possible to make an adjustment to the print with these to compensate for the colour bias you are getting.

Thanks for that John.
I am useing that correct inks, but not the HP paper. Just tesco's stuff. I will go out tomorrow and get some HP paper. Will also check out the other thing you have said

Thanks again(y)

Hi.
It is brilient white floss paper. But I have been out and bought a canon MG5250 printer (with 5 inks). But have not tried it yet.

Back