Blurb book software issues

kelack

TPer Emerita - But she's back!
Name
Kelly
Edit My Images
Yes
I'm having some issues with the Blurb book producing software in that it is really really slow and crashes. Also I keep getting bits of the screen on bits where it shouldn't be if you see what I mean.

Has anyone else had issues with the new version?

I've now uninstalled it and going to reinstall to see if that helps it

:( Have now been trying to do a photobook for 2 hours and only done 3 pages :bang:

Fast losing patience with this now. Have managed to do another 2 pages of photos and set up 8 altogether with layouts but it's being completely crap. I'm really getting narked by it, the version before was fine. I like the new version with the way that I can edit the layouts but it's just not working :bang::bang::bang::bang: I could have got it pretty much done by now and sent for publishing.

And it's slowing my whole computer down.:bat:

Here's what I'm getting:

untitled22.JPG

untitled8.JPG

I've even defragged my laptop thinking that might help

Someone please help before I throw my laptop out the window.

Sorry, can't help, only that it worked fine on Mac OS X 10.5.7 when I did mine last week. Assume your version isn't any newer?

I'm on a pc using version 2.0. I've been looking around and it seems that I'm not the only one, there's quite a few posts on the blurb forum so I've added one. Hopefully a patch will be out soon.

I'm getting there albeit very slowly. The wine is helping with my rant issues now though :D

oops/ Betatest FAIL

Well, I must say, I am impressed with the customer service/technical support guys at Blurb.

I wasn't expecting to get anything from them til at least lunchtime today but they emailed me last night with this - 3 hours after I had reported it on their webform on the site:

Thanks for writing us at Blurb.

A clean re-installation should fix this issue.

Please right-click on your START menu and select Explore. Navigate to C:/Program Files, and drag the BookSmart folder (if one exists) to your Recycle Bin. This will not harm any books you are working on, as those are stored elsewhere on your machine. If there is no BookSmart folder in C:/Program Files, that's okay, too.

Now, please RESTART your computer.

After restarting, please download/install a zipped copy of BookSmart from the following 3rd party website (zipped .exe files encounter fewer problems with security settings/software): http://tinyurl.com/BookSmartforPC

After downloading, unzipping and running the BookSmart installer, the program should function correctly. If not, please let me know.

Best regards,
Milisa

Blurb Customer Support
Blurb.com/Help

However, it was about 2 minutes after I logged off to go to bed :LOL: So will give it a go tonight

(y) Thanks Blurb

Back