Beginner Blurred Photos

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all.

Recently I've been getting down and losing confidence in myself and my photography.

My camera's have constantly been producing blurred photos. Ok on manual focus that will be my fault but even on auto focus they producing blurred images.

My D80 is pretty old now and I have a sigma zoom 18-55mm which came as the default lens and a sigma 70-300mm which used to produce really sharp images.

My other camera is the D3200 which is only just over a month old and has a nikkor 18-55mm which again was the default lens.

Its just getting me really down, makes me just want to put my camera away and never get it back out and find something else to do.

I did read an article that default lenses are not the best but I can't afford new ones yet.

Has anyone got any advice. Help me get my confidence back.

Dont get down, both should be more than capable of clean images.

Maybe pop a few pics up so we can have a look, what are you trying to shoot ??

Could be so many things, it cold be something as simple as a setting or technique, like i say, post a few pics

Dont get down, both should be more than capable of clean images.

Maybe pop a few pics up so we can have a look, what are you trying to shoot ??

Could be so many things, it cold be something as simple as a setting or technique, like i say, post a few pics
agree, get some images up, post the settings if possible, or if they're on Flickr, leave the settings accessible. Most of us can tell you what the problem is - its probably NOT your lenses :)

Since you're fairly new at photography, you may be shooting using one of the auto-settings, which might have something like a slow shutter speed and high ISO so the image looks exposed ok, but everything is blurred.

Dont panic and dont put the camera away :)

I used to get really disheartened with blurred pics - post up an image with the settings - it may be something as simple as having too slow a shutter speed for the subject you're shooting?

S

agree, get some images up, post the settings if possible, or if they're on Flickr, leave the settings accessible. Most of us can tell you what the problem is - its probably NOT your lenses :)

Since you're fairly new at photography, you may be shooting using one of the auto-settings, which might have something like a slow shutter speed and high ISO so the image looks exposed ok, but everything is blurred.

Dont panic and dont put the camera away :)

I agree and when posting you may as post them full size and with Exif in tact.

Thanks for all the responses, The thing is i have a degree in photography, however none of the course technical about digital.

I'm without internet at the moment, im currently using my phone.

I was shooting a flower for my mum, using aperture priority and a tripod.

I will try find a way to post some pictures.

Thanks for all the responses, The thing is i have a degree in photography, however none of the course technical about digital.

I'm without internet at the moment, im currently using my phone.

I was shooting a flower for my mum, using aperture priority and a tripod.

I will try find a way to post some pictures.

You'll learn plenty of the technical stuff here (y) so soon you'll be unstoppable with your camera...from what you've described I'd say it sounds like the shutter speed was too slow resulting in showing the subjects (flowers) moving in the wind rather than camera movement, or possible the camera wobbled as the shutter button was depressed, a timer be set to delay the shutter would sort this or a remote shutter release...

But those are only educated guesses till we are able to see the photos (y)

Back