blurry images on pc

Name
nik
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi guys, wasnt sure where to put this question so I thought Id post it here, am sure someone can move it, if Im in the wrong place :)

my problem is I have a finepix s5800, the pictures I take, on the LCD they are really really clear, and when you zoom in, they are very sharp, but once I download them onto the pc, they look blurred.
This isnt ALL the pictures, just some. its really frustrating when you think you took a great shot and it looks naff on the pc.
My old camera photomart m425 seems to take clearer shots, and that cant be right?
I am using Corel Photo album 6 to view and adjust. I will look into getting a better photo package a bit later on, but my question is, do you think its the camera or the software?

many many thanks in advance
Nik xx

3191495946_0804723dfa.jpg
I dont think its camera shake, as once you take the picture and view it on the camera it looks great, just blurry on the pc, will try to post an example once i figured out how to do it! thanks

ok have put in the link, as you can see it is blurry, but on the camera its not.

Bear in mind that you will see a lot more on the PC screen than you will on the back of the camera. Having a quick look at the image you posted looks like a focus problem rather than shake.

I wonder if the camera has used a fairly wide aperture, plus the focus point missed the ice crytals

Obvious question time.

Are you using an LCD monitor on your PC and if so is it running at the native resolution for the monitor?

yes I have Lcd monitor, I havent touched the resolutions settings on the monitor, but I guess if you are seeing it blurred like I am, it cant be the screen right?!
like I said not ALL the pictures come out like this, there are some really sharp ones, so maybe its the focus on the camera. just a shame the lcd on the camera makes all the pictures looks sharp!!
well thanks for your replies, Ill have a go at adjusting the focus, if I can. thankyou!

The camera screen is quite a bit smaller than the PC monitor so pics normally look deceptively sharp. You need to zoom in to 100% really to check sharpness on the camera, is there any guide as to how zoomed you are when looking at images?

Back