BM Pocket Cinema Camera

Edit My Images
No
Hot of the presses at the NAB show in Las Vegas:

A true Super 16 digital film camera
that's small enough to take anywhere!

Introducing the pocket sized Super 16 digital film camera that's small enough to keep with you at all times, so you'll never miss a shot! Get true digital film images with feature film style 13 stops of dynamic range, Super 16 sensor size, high quality lossless CinemaDNG RAW and Apple ProRes™ recording and the flexibility of an active Micro Four Thirds lens mount, all packed into an incredibly tiny size! The Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera records 1080HD resolution ProRes 422 (HQ) files direct to fast SD cards, so you can immediately edit or color correct your media on your laptop. Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera is everything you need to bring cinematic film look shooting to the most difficult and remote locations, perfect for documentaries, independent films, photo journalism, music festivals, ENG, protest marches and even war zones.

http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/uk/products/blackmagicpocketcinemacamera

£665

Saw this report yesterday. Camera looks stunning for what it is. Not sure the £600 price tag will be that when it gets here. Those prices are less tax so you can easily add another 20% for VAT.

Editing direct from ProRes at 4:2:2 is a big plus. But not sure hw big the file size will be and how much you can get onto an SD card.

Only draw back is the Super 16 sensor. Nice and large so image quality should be superb but it is much smaller than the standard 4/3 chip, so getting a wide angle lens may present a problem. Anyway will need to wait and see prices and full feature set.

Very impressive though.

Saw this report yesterday. Camera looks stunning for what it is. Not sure the £600 price tag will be that when it gets here. Those prices are less tax so you can easily add another 20% for VAT.

Creative (and probably others) are taking pre orders at £665 + vat. That's the UK price on the BM website so I suspect they are serious.

I hear you on the wide angle thing - but the M43 mount will help a lot. There are already some decent w/a lenses out there for M43 such as the Olympus 12mm and even the Pana 8mm. Too tired to figure out what those will seem like on Super 16....

Creative (and probably others) are taking pre orders at £665 + vat. That's the UK price on the BM website so I suspect they are serious.

I hear you on the wide angle thing - but the M43 mount will help a lot. There are already some decent w/a lenses out there for M43 such as the Olympus 12mm and even the Pana 8mm. Too tired to figure out what those will seem like on Super 16....

I think its pretty much 3X crop factor so it would make the panny 8mm a 24mm FF equiv which is wide enough for most film work (y)

Back