BMW R75 portrait.

Name
Andy
Edit My Images
Yes
I know that "colour popping" is not to everyone's taste, but what about this one :shrug: ...

Old_BMW_03.jpg

I don't mind a bit of colour popping it's there's just a little too much distraction in the background which makes it hard to enjoy the subject.

I think it would be better if it was only the badge, the indicators feel a bit distracting to me :)

:agree: - just the badge with colour,

also would have been nicer with-out the tree behind

+ the stand in the bike behind - makes it look like something is coming out of the front tyre?

Last edited by a moderator:
So, just the badge "popped" and a slightly tighter, custom crop.

Any better :shrug: ....

AJH_3247d.jpg

Last edited:
i think it's better...just a thought you could maybe blur the background a little to give the subject a little bit more definition. I may be completely wrong in saying so! But otherwise i like it!

i think it's better...just a thought you could maybe blur the background a little to give the subject a little bit more definition. I may be completely wrong in saying so! But otherwise i like it!

Sorry rasmusrok1 ;), I was just editing the picture whilst you were typing this, so the version that you commented on is no longer the one above.

The version that you see now has had the edges blurred a little and darkened, as well as an even more aggressive crop, to eliminate all of the bike on the right.

I think that I still prefer the indicators in colour, so what about this version (less saturation and a warmer b&w conversion) :shrug:?

BMW_R75_03.jpg

I don't really think colour popping works well for this shot. It's drawing my eyes to the indicators, why? The badge is really too small to make a difference and the colour of those indicators overpower it anyway.

I don't really think colour popping works well for this shot. It's drawing my eyes to the indicators, why? The badge is really too small to make a difference and the colour of those indicators overpower it anyway.

Fair enough!

Back