Boat at Low Tide

Name
Pete
Edit My Images
No
I've just come back from a few days in the Lake District and have started processing some shots. This one was one of my favorites. I used a very low angle to really include pebbles and hyper focal distancing to ensure all but the very closest stones were in focus. I have a colour version which I really like but I've decided to post this mono version. I'll hopefully put a few more up this weekend. As I didn't have my tripod I had to make sure any exposure had to be over say 1/100 as I was lying on the pebbles I wasn't confident to go any slower and keep the camera steady. I had a 3 stop ND filter attached to keep the sky from going places it shouldn't! This was taken at 16mm at ISO200, 1/160 at f/9.

CC always welcome :)

IMG_5947-Edit-778030.jpg

I like that a lot. :clap: I don't really like the boat in the background touching the near boat though. It might have been better to move a couple of feet to the right and have the main boat slightly left of centre with a gap between them. But that's nitpicking.

Ta Chuck, I did notice that very point when shooting and have a version with some separation between the boats but the pebbles were different, plus in the colour version the boat is the same dark red tone as some of the stones so this is why I processed this one. Thanks for lookin though :)

Back