weekly BobBCN's 52 for 2024 (WEEKS 16 - EMPTY added)

Two nice shots but No1 for the theme :)

Agree with your choice of the 2, maybe it could handle a bit more exposure. I can’t imagine the time taken to put them on, wonder if it was a diy job and where do you buy x thousand shells from.

That must have taken ages to stick all those shells up, great way to decorate a building very quirky. Great shot!

Cheers. Yes, ages I guess. And finding hhem in the first place!!

Great back story on your shot. Works nicely for the theme.

Thanks Helen.

Nice. I'm actually torn though as to whether or not I prefer the wider shot.

Agreed. The close up is to get the theme done!

Two nice shots but No1 for the theme :)

Great minds thinking alike!

Agree with your choice of the 2, maybe it could handle a bit more exposure. I can’t imagine the time taken to put them on, wonder if it was a diy job and where do you buy x thousand shells from.

It's dark I admit. It's just weird every way you look at it. I was shell-shocked when I first clapped eyes on it!!

Reactions: nog
WEEKS 11 and 12 - Personal and Shadows

A bit of a catch up.

Personal - well, a bit of decoration always adds a personal touch unless it's from IKEA, then it would be communal I guess............

W11 by Bob Newsome Photography, on Flickr

Shadows - out taking photos, stumbled across this guy sitting on a barrel. Obviously, not a Bradford City supporter!!!

W12 by Bob Newsome Photography, on Flickr

Two good shots Bob :)

WEEK 13 - UNKEMPT (aka derelict, disused, abandoned etc etc)

A washout Easter Sunday with heavy rain (actually very welcome hereabouts) followed by a scorching Easter Monday. Suffice to say, went out on Sunday to grab some goodies.

L'Estartit (Costa Brava, Spain)

Week 13 (4) by Bob Newsome Photography, on Flickr

Week 13 (3) by Bob Newsome Photography, on Flickr

Week 13 (2) by Bob Newsome Photography, on Flickr

Week 13 (7) by Bob Newsome Photography, on Flickr

Week 13 (6) by Bob Newsome Photography, on Flickr

Really like the chosen image. By far the brightest on my screen too.

The others in your set seem very dark to me. (Which is a little rich coming from me, I know.)

For me, there's the opportunity to get more contrast out of them and get some real whites and blacks in there.

I hope you don't mind (it does say 'yes' to edits) this is how I would have processed one of them.

53625920322_826b4c8ca1_copy.jpg v 53625920322_826b4c8ca1_o.jpg

Last edited:
No, I don't mind at all. And I am inclined to agree about the editing.

It was a dark day so that's how they turned out. I usually only crop, straighten and resize, and sometimes sharpen. (My Tamron 18-200 is duff methinks). My mindset is still pretty much SOOC as much as possible. But maybe some post-processing skills could come in handy.

Anyways, thanks for the input. Appreciated.

Nice colours and pop on personal and shadows is a fun picture with nice shadow, was he a parachutist once upon a time.

Unkempt That poor building certainly fits the theme Bob, think it would be very impressive building with a few coats of paint, though some of the bits at the front look out of place - maybe an extension at some time. Got to agree with Kell re the exposure .

Nice colours and pop on personal and shadows is a fun picture with nice shadow, was he a parachutist once upon a time.

Unkempt That poor building certainly fits the theme Bob, think it would be very impressive building with a few coats of paint, though some of the bits at the front look out of place - maybe an extension at some time. Got to agree with Kell re the exposure .

Yes, it still has potential but it would need more than paint!!

Thanks for stopping by!!

First one for me. I like the wet day and reflections. Most are a bit dark on my screen too.

Great chosen shot Bob. Certainly fits the theme and the composition with reflections is lovely.

First one for me. I like the wet day and reflections. Most are a bit dark on my screen too.

Cheers! Yes, on the dark side it is.

Great chosen shot Bob. Certainly fits the theme and the composition with reflections is lovely.

Thanks! 'Twas a precarious shot as I had to squat down with the camera almost touching the water. A sudden gust and I would have been swimming!!

Great shot, really needs viewing full screen to fully appreciate it. I do agree with Kell that bumping the brightness and contrast helps - the damage to the paint. is much more obvious.

Great shot, really needs viewing full screen to fully appreciate it. I do agree with Kell that bumping the brightness and contrast helps - the damage to the paint. is much more obvious.

Cheers Nick. Yes, it needed some work. I shall certainly bear that in mind in the future.

WEEK 14 - GOB SHOT

First phone submission (Xiaomi) and from a while back so just cropped, converted to mono.

Anyways, his name is Dalí, not artistic at all, but definitely eccentric (that's just me being polite, he's a complete loon).
He's a Weimaraner and they tend to be quite nervous and full of energy all the time. Not mine, but I still babysit from time to time.

Week 14 by Bob Newsome Photography, on Flickr

The original complete with the mobile phone´s shadow. . . . . . .

Week 14b by Bob Newsome Photography, on Flickr

Love all the images for the unkempt theme you have. I am thinking along the same lines with my dog for week 14.

Thanks Adam!

Great image - though I think I prefer the original.

For me, it's the eyes that make the shot.

Cheers Kell Curiously it was his eye that put me off a larger crop. It looks weird to me,, trick if the light I imagine. Like a ruddy cataract....

That's great!

Cheers Paul!

Gobtastic - Perfik for the theme :banana:

Good gob shots, like both shots, can see the “loon“in his eyes, waiting for a treat or ball?
He has a good set of teeth, could use that pic to advertise dog tooth paste

I know people say "fits the theme" but really that couldn't be a gobbier gob shot!

Great pic, I do like the eyes in the uncropped version but I think you made the right choice because of that phone shadow

Unkempt: I would go for the chosen shot for the pov. Works well. I agree with Kell that they are all a little dark
Gob shot: Fabulous dog shot - and very clean teeth!

Great shot. he has perfect teeth.

I know people say "fits the theme" but really that couldn't be a gobbier gob shot!

That's really good Bob. Not sure I can get my dog to do that!

Great pic, I do like the eyes in the uncropped version but I think you made the right choice because of that phone shadow

Very intense look in his eye and a perfect gob shot.

Unkempt: I would go for the chosen shot for the pov. Works well. I agree with Kell that they are all a little dark
Gob shot: Fabulous dog shot - and very clean teeth!

Waiting for a treat?

Lovely looking dog.

Thanks everyone!!!

Nice shot Bob :)

Back