bodybuilding snap

Name
scott leeson
Edit My Images
Yes
DSC_0762.jpg

taken at my brother bodybuilding show, lighting was very dificult in dimly lit auditorium.

I can't remember seeing a similar image on this board. Others have been here much longer and they might. I think the unusual nature of the image takes us out of our comfort zone for C&C. There's loads of missing parts to the body: half a hand, most of the head, most the legs, an arm and the back. I'd like one of them to be there in their entirety. It would give me somewhere to start. For me the image is almost an abstract at the moment. I'm sure that's not a lot of help, but it's how I feel about the image.

I can't remember seeing a similar image on this board. Others have been here much longer and they might. I think the unusual nature of the image takes us out of our comfort zone for C&C. There's loads of missing parts to the body: half a hand, most of the head, most the legs, an arm and the back. I'd like one of them to be there in their entirety. It would give me somewhere to start. For me the image is almost an abstract at the moment. I'm sure that's not a lot of help, but it's how I feel about the image.

Well said. The composition isnt great, but you need well under poor lighting.

I think it's OK. The lighting was your problem there as you know. There's some pretty impressive muscle definition there which needed a side lighting set up to really make it stand out.

He looks quite cut - is there a comp due?

Doh... this was the comp I take it?

Last edited:
I sorry Scott but I think that your title has hit the mark very effectively.

For me it's lacking in any focal point and there's too much "nearly" and too much missing

Bob

Sorry - I have to disagree with the others.. I think its a great shot.. different from the typical full length shot. You thought outside the box when taking this and I think its paid off. I like the way its been cropped/composed.. it gives great focus on the pec, ab and bicep muscles.

Shame about the lighting but I think you could possibly pull the lighting back with some careful photoshopping. You wont get it perfect but you'll get something!

Regards, James

Back