Book Title

Name
Stephen
Edit My Images
Yes
After 48 years of marriage, drum roll please, it's getting harder and harder to buy birthday pressies for each other. Hamstring injury has put paid to running for a while, so trainers aren't much cop. After making a photobook of our dog, who died in June, I thought about having a book made up of my journey in photography. Images from the last 7 years or so, put together using BLURB. The book on Willow was amazing quality. I've got a photo in mind for the front cover but I'm looking for a snazzy title to go with it.
My own offering is: Developing Positive Images. I'm fairly creative when it comes to the arty-farty side of life but language skills are not on the same level.
Any thoughts?
Thanks.

A bit of a mouthful maybe, Stephen? How about just 'Developing Images'? But that does imply a visible progression, so if that doesn't suit, an alternative could be 'Positive Images'?

Softcover or hardback?

Last edited:
Sorry if I sound confused???

Is this a book of your images for your wife?

Or a present to yourself........'bought' by your wife?

I suppose what I am trying to work out is, as you are designing the book are you the (self)recipient or is your wife the recipient :thinking:

@Box Brownie Sal wants an idea for a pressie for my birthday. Never that bothered about pressies on specific days, much prefer a surprise. Couldn't think of anything else. I design the book with my images in and Sal pays for the publishing. I am a confused pensioner.

A bit of a mouthful maybe, Stephen? How about just 'Developing Images'? But that does imply a visible progression, so if that doesn't suit, an alternative could be 'Positive Images'?

Softcover or hardback?
Hardback. The one I did recently was hardback and it's magic! And your suggestion is appreciated.

Yes the dustwrapper variant can be quite handsome. I'd avoid the printed board covers though, that aesthetic always remind me of a Haynes car manual ..

It used to be & could still be that the hardback case sizes went up in steps of spine thickness, and it was wise to tally the page count to some extent (also dependent on the paper type chosen). The idea being to pretty well fill a given case rather than it having an underpopulated look. I haven't got the numbers handy but a bit of googling can help, if this might be an issue.

I also reckon that the Premium Lustre paper is pretty good, unless you're chasing the Mohawk ...

Last edited:
@Box Brownie Sal wants an idea for a pressie for my birthday. Never that bothered about pressies on specific days, much prefer a surprise. Couldn't think of anything else. I design the book with my images in and Sal pays for the publishing. I am a confused pensioner.

Ah! you are not kidding when it comes to notable day gifts..........after some years ;)

As for being a confused pension, you are only a tad older than me ~ so I say bah humbug & piffle to confusion :LOL:

PS as for a book title? "Remember it like yesterday...."

Last edited:
If it’s just for yourself you can pretty much get away with anything for a title without fear of ridicule!
If I was doing something like this I’d keep it simple and call it something simple like Retrospective #1, as I’d probably want to do another one down the line.

There's no right or wrong - well there is but what I mean is that there's no single answer. Your hashtag's a bit quirky, that doesn't mean it's bad! But I came up with this ...

Untitled-1.jpg

I just entitled mine " Photography Collection" by "my Name". My Photobook was a hardback and really for me as it will soon be almost all that is left of my photography. Just keep it simple and let the images do the talking. In a year or so, I might even produce a volume 2.

Dave

Back