Boredom

Name
dave
Edit My Images
Yes
I'm due to have some surgery tomorrow morning taking the pins and plates out of my leg, surgeon expects 3 weeks of recovery...there is only so much television I can take so I'm looking at ways to occupy myself, I'm looking for some ideas of things I can photograph in the house, I've grandson living with us so I've thought about doing some of his little figures, but after that and doing some selfie headshots I've drawn a blank...any ideas appreciated

If you have lights or flash experiment with different set up's, try bouncing off different things?. Dropping things into milk or water and getting the splash? Or failing that get the binos out and check if your neighbours a murdered his wife.. it worked for James Stewart... I'll get my poncho...

A shot a day (or even every 12 hours) of the scars? A bit gruesome but I reckon the grandson would enjoy it!
Bike bits? Or even cleaning!!!
As you've said, macro.

How old is your grandson… does he like playing with toy cars….? If so you could use those. A few years ago I set up my son’s hot wheels tracks with him and photographed the cars in mid air as they left the track over a jump. It was a little bit of a challenge but got there in the end with a fast shutter speed after a few tries. Although might not be the best idea if you’ve had leg surgery as I seem to remember quite a lot of kneeling on the floor.

How old is your grandson… does he like playing with toy cars….? If so you could use those. A few years ago I set up my son’s hot wheels tracks with him and photographed the cars in mid air as they left the track over a jump. It was a little bit of a challenge but got there in the end with a fast shutter speed after a few tries. Although might not be the best idea if you’ve had leg surgery as I seem to remember quite a lot of kneeling on the floor.
He is 2, got cars but not track..yes maybe getting on the floor isn't a good idea

You could set yourself a photography processing challenge - learn how to do XXXX processing in LR / PS or whichever software?

This can take a while to learn /. watch YouTube videos and then apply or learn on your photos?

All can be done sat comfortably too so less leg strain etc.

What about stop motion animation with the toy cars? take pic, move car a tiny bit take pic and make video if you've got a timelapse option on your camera it's even easier

Maybe order some photography books and read through them to sharpen your skills ?

Other than that, there are several metric tonnes of photography content on Youtube that you could watch....
i watch quite a bit on youtube already more than i watch telly

Cabbages and peppers worked for Edward Weston, as did still life arrangements of kitchen utensils. Although ensuring no-one causes vibrations to the floor to cause loss of sharpness during the many hours of exposure time could be a problem if you want to completely emulate Weston.

Back