Bought myself a new Nikon Closeup No6T attachment

Edit My Images
Yes
as above really, got it from ebay for £28 ( jessops want £71 )

the only real way to get macro pictures without breaking the bank for another lens,
this will screw onto my Nikon 70-300 and is a 2 element 62mm version, the better rated one @ +3 diopter ,
it will give me infocus closeups about 3 inches off the lens ,
so looking forward to getting it,
i know i will get better results from a tru macro lens, but its a budget thing, lol
anyone lse got one of these or one like it ( for any other brand to )

also known as an Achromat

[/url]http://www.earthboundlight.com/phototips/closeup-diopters.htm[/url]

MyPix 8)

My parents have one of these that they bought in the states last year for a very small amount of money ($20 if memory serves me right) but I've yet to get my mitts on it for a test :)

Would be interested to see some pictures with it [smilie=t:

Has this arrived yet and what are your first impressions?

Yes :D ,

it got here yesterday, the box was twice as big as i was expecting tho , lol
all wraped up and in its brand new Nikon square lens holder box with full instructions on application and compatability, so that went next to the box on the floor and i screwed it to the nearest 62mm lens, lol

first impressions................................very impressed,

no visible light lost thro the viewfinder( tho it recomends an fstop of 5.6 ) and using my Nikon 28-100 lens i could focus on objexts around 100mm away with pinsharp clarity
on problem that has been highlighted is the focus assist illuminator, as the camera is so close to the subject the illuminator is blocked out by the lens shadow, but doesnt seem to effect the focusing which snaps in nice n fast,
will do some more experimenting and post a pic or two in the near future,

imho well worth the money ( even the full nikon price of £80 might be worth it as well )

MyPix 8)

Back