Critique Bourletiella arvalis

Name
Tim
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi Timmy,
Just WOW, just look at that black eye popping out.
For an example, how small are these ?

Hi Timmy,
Just WOW, just look at that black eye popping out.
For an example, how small are these ?
Thanks Graham.

Well...you know that saying "Knee high to a grasshopper"? Well these creatures are knee high to the thing that is knee high to a grasshopper :)

I have added a watermark scale on the images (look just above my website details) that represents 1mm. The adults are about 0.8mm and the juvenile 0.3 - 0.4mm. The whole frame width represents just over 3mm.

Last edited:
Kin ell man, thats small. lol :D

What a cutie and I'm insanely jealous that you have captured them...

Only spotted one globby so far in the last 6 months and then it was a moooosive one. :)

Cracking pics of a tiny creature,reminds me of cute fury baby bunnie :)

Thanks all

What a cutie and I'm insanely jealous that you have captured them...

Only spotted one globby so far in the last 6 months and then it was a moooosive one. :)
Ah yes, Allacma fusca. A real beauty!

Crazy close ups there Tim. #2 has very cool spike poking up... could be a hell on earth :)

Amazing Tim first one's my favourite but are all excellent
7x mag is really close they must be tiny

Brilliant work Tim, so darn small yet so much detail.

I have added a watermark scale on the images (look just above my website details) that represents 1mm. The adults are about 0.8mm and the juvenile 0.3 - 0.4mm. The whole frame width represents just over 3mm.

How have you managed to work out the scale? I really would like to do something similar on some shots.

Wow. I am always amazed at this kind of micro photography. I mean, it's like seeing a whole new world never known to exist before. Great job.

Wow. I am always amazed at this kind of micro photography. I mean, it's like seeing a whole new world never known to exist before. Great job.
Thanks. That's exactly why I love it so much :)

7x! Amazing.

I particularly like the last one in the second set.
Thanks Nick. It would be perfect if he had turned towards me ever so slightliy (I couln't move around any further unfortunately). As it is, he's facing slightly back away from the viewer which annoys me.

Did I say I hate you yet lol. :naughty:
:p

Back