Bournemouth Air Festival

Pirate!

Suspended / Banned
Name
Mark
Edit My Images
Yes
Ahoy!

Just a bit of heads-up really in case anyone might want to pop down for this freebie and hopefully get some nice capures (weather permitting).

Details at: http://www.bournemouthair.co.uk/

I'll be there all four days weather permitting :)

Can't wait, last year was awesome!

Weather and job interviews permitting I'll be there, long range weather looks okay (y) - long range job interview prospects poor :bang:

was last year, will be this year again :)

Do u think my minolta lens 70-210 will be ok for nice photos? :eek:)

Last edited:
I also will be there, contemplating where to go this year, on the cliff tops or on the beach, I think the cliffs will win though.

Tim

bournemouth air show shares the same weekend and shoreham air show - wonder if its the same planes just going along the south coast?

Here's a copy of the display timings from the official programme, correct as of late July.

In the Echo today they said the Vulcan would be making an appearance on the Thursday as well. First time I will have been to an air show with a DSLR .. really looking forward to it.

Thursday 20th
1:55pm - 3pm
DH Sea Vixen
RN Black Cats
The Yakovlevs (x2 Yak-50/52)
RAF King Air
RAF Hawk
RNLAF AB412 SAR Demo
RAF Falcons

3pm – 4pm
Team Guinot (x2 PT-17s)
Battle of Britain Memorial Flight
The Blades

Friday 21st
1:30pm – 2:30pm
RAF Red Arrows
RAF King Air
RN Black Cats

2:30pm – 3:30pm
The Yakovlevs (x2 Yak 50/52s)
RAF Hawk
DH Sea Vixen
RNLAF AB412 SAR Demo
RAF Falcons

3:30pm-4:15pm
Team Guinot (x2 PT-17s)
The Blades
RAF Eurofighter Typhoon

Saturday 22nd
12pm – 1pm
Royal Marines Beach Assault
The Yakovlevs (x4 Yak 50/52s)
Dorset & Somerset Air Ambulance
Red Bull Matadors
RNLAF AB412 SAR Demo
RAF King Air
Swift Aerobatic Team

1pm – 2pm
RAF Chinook
B-17G ‘Sally B’
P-40 Kittyhawk

2pm- 3pm
RN Black Cats
Team Guinot (x2 PT-17s)
The Blades
RAF Red Arrows

3pm – 4pm
Spitfire & P-51 Mustang
RAF Falcons
Avro Vulcan XH558
RAF Eurofighter Typhoon

Sunday 23rd
12:15pm – 1:15pm
Royal Marines Beach Assault

1:15pm – 2pm
RAF Hawk
Dorset & Somerset Air Ambulance
The Blades
Team Guinot (x2 PT-17s)

2pm – 3pm
Spitfire & P-51 Mustang
Avro Lancaster
RN Black Cats
Swift Aerobatic Team
RAF Falcons

3pm – 4pm
RNLAF AB412 SAR Demo
B-17G ‘Sally B’
P-40 Kittyhawk
RAF Chinook

4pm – 5pm
RAF King Air
The Yakovlevs (x4 Yak 50/52s)
Avro Vulcan XH558
Red Bull Matadors
RAF Eurofighter Typhoon
RAF Red Arrows

Last edited:
Would love to be able to make it ... I'll have to see how things go this weekend first, though!

Blast & Damm! I'm not going there till the 31st!! Anything else on 31st -6th Sept anyone know?

Last year I went up on the cliffs, found a nice high wall to sit on, only problem was you were looking into the sun for most of the day. Hopefully we can find the same wall again.

Tim

Yes, I've been worried about that, shooting into the bright sky, this will be my first time with a DSLR taking photos at an airshow - I've seen the advice for shutter speed but what other tips does anyone have? WB - exposure compensation??? cheers - Keith

Right, where s everyone gonna be then?

I had a cycle up to the East Cliff tonight and found a nice spot. Just need to hope that not too many other people go for the same spot. ;)

I'll be just at the Manor Road junction.

PS Anyone going down to see the World Record attempt for the fireworks tomorrow night?

I'm going up there in about an hour and a half.:D

I love finishing work at 12.30 on a friday.:p

Well if you can, get to Bournemouth (Hurn) Airport. A lot of the display aircraft will be using it for the duration, so you might get some shots if you're in the 'hood'.

I went To Bournemouth Airport this morning for the Red Arrows arrival, & there was nothing that I could see, certainly nothing at FR/Cobham. Got some nice photos of the Arrows landing & the planes entering FR/Cobham. Trouble is The Police have put up notices stopping any parking along the airport lane & they are patroling everytime the Red Arrows come in & out. So you need to park further & walk, or bike it:D, or go to the Bournemouth Aircraft Club where they are doing food & have bouncy castles etc.

Go to Bournemouth Flying Club..sit outside with a Breakfast and a coffee..its right by the end of the runway..:)

Back