Bower Flash Unit

Never heard of it before Rob. There's some debate about it here. It doesn't appear to have a power zoom head, and I doubt it supports Hi Speed flash. None of that means it's no good though, but it does seem ridiculously cheap, so I'd tread a bit carefully.;)

CLICKY

recyle time seems a bit slow?
Just set my 580 to full power on manual and timed it. 3 seconds with batteries that have been in for 3 weeks and well used.

At that price though it might be worth the wait :)

RobertP said:
recyle time seems a bit slow?
Just set my 580 to full power on manual and timed it. 3 seconds with batteries that have been in for 3 weeks and well used.

At that price though it might be worth the wait :)

I'm not sure it's worth it really. Waiting for the flash to catch up with you is one of the most anoying and frustrating trials of a shoot and will ultimatley cost you a lot of shots.

Even the 3 seconds at the very end of the battery life of RobertP's unit would seem like an eternity if you have someone posed and ready and as for candids, well they would be long gone by the time you're ready to fire.

The metz might be a better bet, I have no idea what these new compact units are like. I have a very old CT60 which is just an amazing workhorse and like having a lighthouse on a stick. If any of that quality is carried over then it could well be a good investment.

Back