Beginner Bracketing on a nikon D3300

Edit My Images
Yes
hi
Would someone please advise me the best way to do bracketing on my camera,and then when ive done it how do i use them in LR to
Create an HDR effect.
Thankyou

Put it manual mode, find the correct exposure, take a photo. Dial the shutter speed back however many stops or part stops you want, take a photo, dial the shutter speed forward however many stops or part stops you want past the original exposure and take a photo.

Not sure how to do it in LR, but in phototoshop there is a merge to HDR setting in the menu, or use s dedicated program like photomatix.

thankyou Tom,i do have photshop as part of CC monthly deal.
I appreciate your help and will do what you suggest
cheers

Sorry no constructive advice here but may I ask what your talking about? I'm really curious :)

bracketting is when you take the same shot at varying exposures so as to either guarantee that you get at least one well exposed shot or so you can merge them all in PP to create a shot with more dynamic range than a single file.

a lot of cameras can do it automatically and reel off a burst of 5 with varying exposures with just one shutter press.

or you can do it manually as tom describes

You can do it straight from Lr CC these days (apparently)... https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/how-to/hdr-merge-for-high-contrast-scenes.html

You may want to take more than 3 shots dependant upon the desired effect or the EV range in the scene you're shooting. Shoot RAW too, if you're not already.

At the end of the day, HDR is all about covering the EV range of the scene. As an example, if there were 8 stops variation, you'd shoot at -4, -2, 0, +2, +4 or -5, -3, -1, 0, +1, +3, +5. That said, the end result is extremely dependant upon the input.

The above example will tend to yield extreme HDR effects. Reduced EV range covered will lessen the effect and reduce the overall contrast range of the scene (pulling out details in shadows and highlights). If you shoot RAW, you can sometimes obtain fairly reasonable results from just one frame.

Back