Brands GT / F3 saturday

Gary

TPer Emeritus
Name
See above
Edit My Images
No
well, i decided my le mans photos were boring at best and it was time to step up my game a little.
so, today i decided to spend the day trying new stuff. it also co-incided that everyone wanted to crash near me, so heres a selection of stuff and crashes:

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

i can see where you where going with these mate not to sure at the moment though.... ill have to keep going back to them ..
ill give you my final thoughts later.

There are some fantastic ones there, totally different from the usual motor racing ones of a side on or head on view,

I agree with RW about the different angles & crops which I really like - don't like the trees unfortunately!!!

Cool new style of photographing stuff through bushes :LOL:

Joking aside, I really like number 3 and 7. Got a real sense of action!

really like 2 & 5, bit like monkeydave with the rest, they're so different from the norm, good stuff :)

Not bad... I like the last two best I think.

The "under the bridge" shot is nice, quite hard to get those and the angle is interesting.

The last one is something I have been trying to get, I like the style but trying to judge what works for me is hard, but I think you have it there!

Not bad... I like the last two best I think.

The "under the bridge" shot is nice, quite hard to get those and the angle is interesting.

The last one is something I have been trying to get, I like the style but trying to judge what works for me is hard, but I think you have it there!

yeah, the bridge one was quite hard. you have to pan the car before you can see it. I was panning along by listening to the car whilst it was out of sight. Worked well when there was only one car, but when there was a group i got it wrong.

From that lot 2, 4, 10 are the ones i like, think the head is slightly soft in 4, but that is a bloody hard type of shot to right. Its good if you can achieve head on in single seaters.

But i still hate you. (until i get a press pass (one day maybe), not that i am jealous off course lol)

From that lot 2, 4, 10 are the ones i like, think the head is slightly soft in 4, but that is a bloody hard type of shot to right. Its good if you can achieve head on in single seaters.

But i still hate you. (until i get a press pass (one day maybe), not that i am jealous off course lol)

with those superbike shots of yours you ought to be able to get one. in fact i assumed you must have had one from the quality of the shots.
get the entry list for the race, note down all the home towns then write to all their local papers asking to back you up for accreditation. It used to be that you could get accreditation through websites, but thats pretty much a waste of time now especially with MSV circuits.

with those superbike shots of yours you ought to be able to get one. in fact i assumed you must have had one from the quality of the shots.
get the entry list for the race, note down all the home towns then write to all their local papers asking to back you up for accreditation. It used to be that you could get accreditation through websites, but thats pretty much a waste of time now especially with MSV circuits.

Thanks alot mate, but no not yet still general public, but i am trying, talking to a couple teams and riders to at the moment.

Still got alot a learn tbh, i made a slight set up boo, joys of shooting manually, think i should have gone to 400 ISO instead of 320, still only my first season owning a SLR, hopefully next year take up it full time.

i might be wrong, but i dont think you can get accreditation working for a team. of course, there is always an exception to every rule i guess, so its always worth a try

No you are right about there being no accreditation for a team as such, but yes it can lead to it in a way in, confused? :thinking: (riders local paper (y) ) but there other bennifits to.

the jelson car and the last one are my favourites, the others I personally wouldn't have kept they seem a little OOF and the ones with the trees in don't really work for me.

Nice to see someone trying something different than your normal motorsport pics.

the jelson car and the last one are my favourites, the others I personally wouldn't have kept they seem a little OOF and the ones with the trees in don't really work for me.

Nice to see someone trying something different than your normal motorsport pics.

those are my two favourites too.. but are you really saying you wouldnt have kept the others? If thats the case then i think i better give up photography!

:thinking: well ok i did say id get back to ya..
no 1
no3
no4
ok imo

no 2
no5
to much barrier and hedge for my liking

no 8
no 9
i like these lots
nice to see people looking for something else i did it myself on sat at oulton park " ill post later"

ps dont give up for gods sake...:naughty:

are you really saying you wouldnt have kept the others?

I always pick the best of my photos and "reject" the rest, if these were the best of my photos I would have kept these. Does that make sense? :bonk:

I always pick the best of my photos and "reject" the rest, if these were the best of my photos I would have kept these. Does that make sense? :bonk:

not really :)

i wasnt really sure if ppp was trying to say that most of them were so bad that i should have deleted them. If thats the case then i really am in trouble!

not really :)

i wasnt really sure if ppp was trying to say that most of them were so bad that i should have deleted them. If thats the case then i really am in trouble!

Wouldnt worry different peeps like different things, and different useages.

If any-one thinks there bad, then they should see some of the acredited BSB togs. But without experimentation things get boring

those are my two favourites too.. but are you really saying you wouldnt have kept the others? If thats the case then i think i better give up photography!

Hi mate, didn't mean to offend was just giving an honest opinion.

Personally i wouldn't have kept the other pictures (apart from the crash ones) i would have prob deleted them on my first run through, they aren't my cup of tea, one or two were OOF and the others had too much barrier or tree in the way of the car. I prefer seeing more of the car head or side on (hence me liking jelson and the last one), thats just me.

I can appreciate you were trying something different as you said in the first post but for me it just didn't work. It's only my opinion which tbh is worth sweet F.A.

Ultimately the only opinion that matters is yours, if you are happy with them that's all that's important.

If we all liked the same thing and took the same pictures life would be boring.

Certainly don't ever give up taking pictures because someone else doesn't like your pics, crikey none of us would be on this forum if we did that :)

P.S

I am only talking about the ones you posted here not the other ones on your site. cripes hope you didn't think i meant all your pics from the two days were bad :embarrassed: far from it.

P.S

I am only talking about the ones you posted here not the other ones on your site. cripes hope you didn't think i meant all your pics from the two days were bad :embarrassed: far from it.

LOL

dont worry, i didnt take it personally. And i really only posted them to get everyones opinion (good or bad). No point in experimenting otherwise :)

Back